Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yeungman

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2011
I have one for my 2012 Retina and I love it. The cloth keeps the keys from touching the screen which is awesome. No problems when closing the lid.

dguay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
I have one for my 2012 Retina and I love it. The cloth keeps the keys from touching the screen which is awesome. No problems when closing the lid.

Thank you ! But I think late 2013 Macbook Pro have different dimension. Someone can confirm that the cloth dont intefere with magnet on late 2013 Macbook Pro?

joeytp

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2014
Quebec, Canada
Thank you ! But I think late 2013 Macbook Pro have different dimension. Someone can confirm that the cloth dont intefere with magnet on late 2013 Macbook Pro?

Hello,
I'm Knew here... I'm in the same situation is there any intefere with the magnet of the late 2013 rMBP?
Thank's ? :D

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
I am interested too.
Anybody have bought it for macbook pro 15' late 2013?
Apple itself put only a thin paper between screen and keyboard, so I do not know if it is really 'safe' to put this inside, even though it sounds as a good solution.

MacLC

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2013
e-shopping reviews

I cannot speak from experience of anybody I know personally, but there are some customer reviews on certain online retailers. In my opinion they seem to be mostly positive although I did not read enough to verify any of them were on '13 MBPs but it's a good place to start looking.

All I can say is on every laptop I have had, I have NOT purchased a protective cover and on every laptop I have had, I have had marks on the screen from the keyboard. I have promised myself that in the future I WOULD get a protective cover for a laptop screen if I ever got a laptop again.

My only concern is in buying a product with a name that could have been taken out of the film, Idiocracy.

SquirrelGirl

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2014
I have a newest model Radtech screensavr, it had to be trimmed about an 1/8th of an inch on three sides to allow my 13rmbp to completely shut. Once trimmed it is wonderful, but out of the package? No. Trimming it was easy enough if you have every worked with fabric before, but a bit disappointing.

It also will not work well in conjunction with a molded keyboard protector.

You can buy them on Amazon (make sure to select Amazon as the seller, not a random marketplace dealer) for less than the site linked above.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
Is there any alternative in ebay?
I do not know how to search for it, even this screenravrz seem not to be available in ebay or amazon uk etc, only amazon us, a little bit difficult to obtain.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
I still search, but no alternative found.
I search with terms like 'cloth', 'fabric', 'cover' but all I can see is keyboard protectors, like a film for keys' protection, and not for the purpose of screen protection from contact/touching.

boats4chris

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2012
Happy with ShaggyMax

I have the same concerns about scratches on the screen. And, if I spend 2 grand on a laptop, it better look great for the next 3 years!

I have read too many posts with complaints about this issue to take a risk, so I bought a competitors product, ShaggyMax (formerly ShaggyMac) that looks pretty similar. It fits perfect on my late 2013 rMBP 15 and I don't have any issues closing or opening the cover. I did see some reviews of older versions that said some cloth colors like black did cause some color transfer to the older plastic MacBook cases after extended use, but I didn't see anything specific about the current aluminum chassis. But to lessen the possibility (or visibility) of color transfer, I bought the gray cloth.

I have used ShaggyMax on my rMBP and earlier on my MB Air for a couple of years with no screen scratches. Count me as a yes for protecting the screen.

I also understand that Apple has been known to replace the screen because of scratch issues under warrantee, but I would rather not go down that road unless I have to.

monstruo

macrumors regular
May 5, 2009
It's totally worth every single penny. Had it for my cMCP and kept the screen scratch-free from the keyboard.
Bought one(Radtech) recently for my nMCP and didn't notice any problem.

Someone asked for alternative, here's one: shaggymax... no pun intend!! ;)

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
The day I brought home my rMBP 13" I got online and ordered a RadTech Screensavrz. I made sure that it was the correct size for the computer and when it arrived (very promptly, only a couple days later) I was cautious when closing the lid for the first time. No problem at all. I did not need to trim anything. My old RadTech Screensavrz would not work on the new computer, as they were too thick as well as being a bit too large. The correct Screensavrz will fit the new rMBPs just fine. It is thinner and smaller in dimensions than the older style for the older style MBPs or MBAs. It fits the keyboard and then there is plenty of room for the computer to close properly.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
It's totally worth every single penny. Had it for my cMCP and kept the screen scratch-free from the keyboard.
Bought one(Radtech) recently for my nMCP and didn't notice any problem.

Someone asked for alternative, here's one: shaggymax... no pun intend!! ;)

I ordered shaggymax. I wait to see how it fits.
I also hate any dust on my screen. I hope it would help eliminate what I see on my screen, each time I open the lid.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.