Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple executives Eddy Cue and Craig Federighi will speak at the first annual Code Conference hosted by Re/code, the site reported today. The duo will headline the second night of the event in late May.

cue_federighi.jpg
We are very excited to have both Cue and Federighi at the event to talk about a range of things about the company that remains at the center of the action, especially in the important mobile sector. From the shifting entertainment and communications landscape to the fast-moving wearables space to, well, everything digital, these two play a very important role.
Eddy Cue serves as Apple's senior vice president of Internet Software and Services handling the iTunes Store, App Store, iCloud, and more, while Federighi serves as the senior vice president of Software Engineering, overseeing both iOS and OS X.

Both Cue and Federighi report directly to Tim Cook and are responsible for overseeing many essential elements of Apple's ecosystem.

Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher of Re/code have done multiple yearly conferences, formerly under All Things D. Past events have included interviews with former Apple CEO Steve Jobs and last year's event featured current Apple CEO Tim Cook, who spoke about wearables and television.

The 2014 Code Conference will also feature speakers like General Motors CEO Mary Barra and Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. While the event is sold out, the site does have plans to post news and videos on Re/code throughout the conference.

Article Link: Apple Execs Eddy Cue and Craig Federighi to Speak at Code Conference in May

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Will be interesting if they drop any hints or if Apple PR makes sure they stick to script.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I like Craig, he has a likable personality on stage. More human than Phil in my opinion.

Plus, dat hair! XD

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
Excited? Why, they're not going to tell us anything we don't already know. Apple execs are like robots, they are programmed to avoid answering anything that we would actually like to know. Bet this will be a dull as dishwater.

i4m

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2013
Apple's bad boys with their shirts open... the opposite of Jobs' turtleneck.. :)

Since

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
For a moment the head line scared, before I completed reading it.
I thought they were leaving the company! :eek:

Millah

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Excited? Why, they're not going to tell us anything we don't already know. Apple execs are like robots, they are programmed to avoid answering anything that we would actually like to know. Bet this will be a dull as dishwater.

Because hearing them talk about unannounced products is the only thing to gain by hearing these two guys speak? Boy, then Steve Jobs appearances must have been a snoozefest for you :rolleyes:

The excitement is from picking the brains of these two important and intelligent leaders at Apple, and listening to a little bit of their insight.

Those talks with Steve Jobs were pretty insightful and fascinating looks into the mind of a genius. It was just very interesting listening to him talk about a variety of topics. Same for Tim Cook. I suspect the same will be for Craig and Eddy. And their personalities will probably make it a little more humorous.

Swift

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2003
Los Angeles
Let them compete

10 years down the line, what happens at Apple? Who's the CEO? It's good that Cook isn't the only face of Apple. Steve dominated that way. Cook doesn't. This is his team.

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
Because hearing them talk about unannounced products is the only thing to gain by hearing these two guys speak? Boy, then Steve Jobs appearances must have been a snoozefest for you :rolleyes:

The excitement is from picking the brains of these two important and intelligent leaders at Apple, and listening to a little bit of their insight.

Those talks with Steve Jobs were pretty insightful and fascinating looks into the mind of a genius. It was just very interesting listening to him talk about a variety of topics. Same for Tim Cook. I suspect the same will be for Craig and Eddy. And their personalities will probably make it a little more humorous.

To coin a phrase Craig and Eddy are not and never will be Steve Jobs. He was a one off. He was a showman. Tim Cook interesting? Are you joking! The guy is about as boring as it gets. If you enjoy listening to Tim Cook you have a bigger problem than me.

PS Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and I don't appreciate people who use the sarcasm smile in their posts as if somehow they have the only right to an opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.