Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

n8mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
Ohio
Was looking for video browser/player software for my dad's business to help with training videos. We are making a bunch of short videos to help train employees and was looking for some software that does for videos what iPhoto does for photos. Something where you can organize different videos into sections and play the videos all within one app, and play them full screen. It would need to work on their Win 7 desktop.

thanks
n8mac

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Well not Windows but iMovie is akin to iPhoto but for movies. Keynote is pretty handy too for presentations. If your dads business has an HDMI screen an AppleTV3 would make for a pretty slick playback device that can be setup for conference mode for all your Apple gear (iPad, iPhone, MacBook...)

When I did short videos on Windows I enjoyed using Pinnacle's video software.

n8mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
Ohio
Yeah I have all movie editing covered at my house on my macs, just wanted something to make it easier for them to play through many different movies at their work without me having to be there. They are very tech illiterate (lack of better term). They would have a Mac there except for some Windows only software they have to run.

I was thinking a DVD setup would work well but they wanted to keep the videos HD and since Macs don't do bluray...

Didn't know that about the apple TV though, might look into that. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.