Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

speekez

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
Hi all

I upgraded to an iphone 4 from an iphone 3g and set the new phone up in Itunes as a new phone rather than setting it up from the 3g backup. There was a lot of clutter I didn't want.

However, I would like to get the NOTES that were backed up from the old phone onto my new phone. Is there a way to only pull the notes from the backup?

lucifiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2009
In your basement
If you are on a mac, you can try to sync the notes to Mail.app from your 3G, and then sync the notes from Mail.app to your iP4.

if you are on a windows box, I have no idea? Do notes sync to Outlook or something?

speekez

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
Hmm. The notes that are in my Mail app are actually older than the ones on my phone. It seems sort of vague if the Mail app is where the iPhone downloads notes to.

seajay96

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
Hmm. The notes that are in my Mail app are actually older than the ones on my phone. It seems sort of vague if the Mail app is where the iPhone downloads notes to.

if you just setup a new phone, you have to go into itunes ("info" tab) and turn on note syncing to have the same thing in Mail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.