Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hxcdave

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
So I've seen where this guy wants to get something called iNocydia and its a jailbreak, without the jailbreaking. its like everything a jailbreak has, but no risks and all. Its in beta phase, so i wanted to see some outlook on if this is going to actually be very successful and all

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Bwahaha! This is just a website that opens in a subclassed Safari. It lets you "install" HTML 5 "apps" by creating shortcuts on the springboard. Its "tweaks" are just links to YouTube videos about known workarounds an even documented iOS features. You are still sandboxed and in the chroot jail.

Basically, this is just trying to do the same thing Apple tried to do with the original iPhone back in 2007: pass of webapps as a viable alternative to fully functional applications.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
What if apple stayed with the web apps only route. Imagine how different mobile would be today.

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Jailbreak without the risks? What risk are there anyway?

Its a scam though, I don't trust anything unless it's verified by official sources.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
A jailbreak without a jailbreak. Brilliant.

----------

Its a scam though, I don't trust anything unless it's verified by official sources.

Official sources, right. Like, a team of jailbreakers. Very official. Lol

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
A jailbreak without a jailbreak. Brilliant.

----------

Official sources, right. Like, a team of jailbreakers. Very official. Lol

You clearly have never dealt with anything related to jailbreaking. There are very well-know figures out there who are the "official" sources. So what if it's a team of jailbreakers? You want Tim Cook to verify the jailbreak for you?

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Crazy, right?

That would be nice. Try emailing it to Tim, I'm sure it will be taken in consideration.

Why would I email him, I'm not the one looking for his verification. If you are interested in a jailbreak and concerned about its authenticity, then email Tim. I'll stick with my usual sources.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Why would I email him, I'm not the one looking for his verification. If you are interested in a jailbreak and concerned about its authenticity, then email Tim. I'll stick with my usual sources.

I'm pretty sure his post was tongue in cheek

Jynto

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2012
Nottingham, UK
Deleted mine quoting yours also. :rolleyes:

Dear Leader doesn't like when we get out of line and say non-official things!

I wonder if anyone actually clicked the link.

Not that it would have worked anyway. It contained backslashes, a comma and a nonexistent top-level domain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.