Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

san001

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2014
Hi
I have purchased a imac and cannot get the printer to work when i put in the USB.
I have the drive on disc, but this will not install as it is so old and is not compatible.
When looking online, there is also nothing on there to download as so old.

Is anyone able to help me?

It is also meant to be a wireless printer, but it does not pick this up

Thanks

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
There is a Canon IJ Network Tool Ver. 4.3.0 for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9) at the Canon website for that model. There's no mention of it being incompatible.

san001

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2014
Hi

Its also a wi fi printer, however the mac now recognises the printer but it will not print.

The only thing i could be doing wrong, is the part where it says select a print dirver, i cannot locate the cannon network tool i have now downloaded.

Any ideas what i am doing wrong

Thank you for any advice

gsahli

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago
The documentation for the Network tool says it is for setting network configuration on the printer - not a driver. Under the Driver section, it clearly states there is no driver for OS X 10.9.
You should try Gutenprint.

PS - sorry for the previous wrong info - I looked at iP5200 instead of iP5200R!

The download is called "mnt_-mac-4_3_0-ea11.dmg"
This is a Mac disk image file, which mounts like a hard drive when double-clicked. You install what's inside after mounting it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.