Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Failurbydesign

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
CA
So i recently flashed my router with DD-WRT and setup new access points for my house. When i went into System Preferences>Network>WiFi>advanced on my iMac, i noticed WiFi access points that Ive connected to with my iPhone. Thought this was strange due to the fact the iMac has never left my house. I added my iMac to the 5 GHZ channel and my phone to the 2.4 GHZ. Then i watched right in front of my eyes ion my network settings on the iMac the access point get added and my iMac switch from the 5 GHZ to the 2.4 GHZ. So again i removed the one i didn't want then my phone dropped of my WiFi.

I wasn't aware they synced and if so, how do i stop this from happening?

Also not too if this belongs in the Mavericks thread or the iOS 7 thread...so i figured iCloud was right in between!

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
So i recently flashed my router with DD-WRT and setup new access points for my house. When i went into System Preferences>Network>WiFi>advanced on my iMac, i noticed WiFi access points that Ive connected to with my iPhone. Thought this was strange due to the fact the iMac has never left my house. I added my iMac to the 5 GHZ channel and my phone to the 2.4 GHZ. Then i watched right in front of my eyes ion my network settings on the iMac the access point get added and my iMac switch from the 5 GHZ to the 2.4 GHZ. So again i removed the one i didn't want then my phone dropped of my WiFi.

I wasn't aware they synced and if so, how do i stop this from happening?

Also not too if this belongs in the Mavericks thread or the iOS 7 thread...so i figured iCloud was right in between!

That right there is iCloud syncing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.