Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imageWIS

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
NYC
All the note owners I know the phone comes out of their pocket whenever they sit down. They are happy with that and that it's always two thumb use.

Good luck with that during rush hour in the NYC subway while trying to get a seat.

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
Yikes, I didn't know you were in Brazil. Still, Apple should be responsible for manufacturing errors. Not sure what to say, but if you are planning to exchange it and it's going to benefit you, then I hope it all goes well.

Well, Apple technicians said I was eligible for a machine replacement -- I would receive a refurb one with a random screen. Appearantly, all the screens coming to Brazil for replacement are from the same batch, so when I exchange one I just get another one with a different yellowish pattern.

I'll buy Apple Care this year and maybe I'll try another display exchange in the future when Apple move to a more reliable display technology...

Rettun1

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2010
If there is any one thing that Apple is good at, it's been pushing industries forward.

Sure maybe thinness isn't the most important thing. But when new iPhones come to the market, they are instantly praised as best in class devices. They run great and smooth and can last for years. Now all that, in what could be the thinnest (and lightest?) top tier phone available, is going to make it a great experience and a killer device.

I WAS the one

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
Orlando, FL
I'm kind of sad because this is what people want. I'm sad because I realized I'm getting old and my taste is way more conservative now. Youngsters are already saying the iPhone 5s looks old and small so I guess I like old design then... I just want Apple to keep the regular iPhone size on stock and don't push me to buy a iPhonepad 6

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Well, Apple technicians said I was eligible for a machine replacement -- I would receive a refurb one with a random screen. Appearantly, all the screens coming to Brazil for replacement are from the same batch, so when I exchange one I just get another one with a different yellowish pattern.

I'll buy Apple Care this year and maybe I'll try another display exchange in the future when Apple move to a more reliable display technology...

How unfortunate! Hopefully you'll get a good display this time.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Going to buy 3 when they come out! I'll have 3 lines available for upgrade so that will rock!

About size and pockets.... I can put the iPad mini in my pocket and sit without an issue so this would be no issue what so ever.

36" waist Old Navy relax fit jeans.

zipa

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2010
I haven't had any luck trying to find stats or studies that shows a demand for cell phones that are over 5".

http://bgr.com/2013/09/30/galaxy-note-sales-40-million-lifetime/

Those figures are just for the Note and Note II. The Note III has outsold them both, and add all the other phablets to the lineup and you'll probably have 100+ million devices sold at prices matching or trumping that of the 16 GB top-iPhone. You can bet your sweet tushy that Apple wants a piece of that action.

zipa

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2010
I miss phones for making telephone calls not facebooking.

There are loads and loads of featurephones and othe "dumbphones" for people who don't want a smartphone. Just go and get one if that's what you like. You'll get killer battery life to go with it as well.

----------

Otherwise, 5.5" for a mobile phone is ridiculous.

No, it isn't. It is sweet!!! (Cue Mr. Clarkson mashing the go-pedal in some insane supercar.)

----------

Also, the phone will no longer lay flat, and Apps that measure surface leveling will fail unless a case is used.

Why would they do that? A gyro sensor works just as well no matter what its relative position is. "Flat" is nothing but a calibrated reference point that has nothing to do with the actual orientation of the device.

----------

Leak the midrange phone design to keep the flagship design secret seems like a reasonable strategy, also explains the lack of a dual led flash.

If "keep it secret" is an option, why not just keep them both secret?

Shirke

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2013
Remember all the leaked pics of the Galaxy S5 before it came out? They looked nothing like the released product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.