Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ubunto

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2014
I just finished the first season of True Detective. Really good and highly recommended.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
I'm really enjoying Silicon Valley so far. I'm sure a good amount of you on here would as well. Lots and lots of techy/geeky jokes :D.

Reactions: torana355

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Game of Thrones
Arrow
Archer
Person Of Interest
Breaking Bad
Burn Notice
Chuck
Dexter
Eastbound and Down
Shameless
Sons Of Anarchy
The Walking Dead
Suits.

Teon

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2016
I watch Game of Thrones , Flash , Elementary, Supernatural

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
From my TiVo record list:
  • The Walking Dead
  • Modern Family
  • The Americans
  • The Strain
  • Better Call Saul
  • Fear The Walking Dead
  • Colony
  • Preacher
  • Night Manager (mini-series)
Netflix:
  • Bloodlines
  • House of Cards
  • Daredevil
  • Sense 8
  • Jessica Jones
HBO: GoT

Reactions: ActionableMango

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
My wife and I are binge watching Breaking Bad on Netflix. Just finished season 4. Busy for the next few days and will probably finish up next week.

Reactions: SandboxGeneral

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
The Heavy Water War -- A really good WWII miniseries about the battle over the heavy water plant in Nazi-occupied Norway, which was delivering heavy war for Germany's nuclear weapon project. We see several points of view, including the civilian German scientists in Germany, the Gestapo and German military in Norway, the Norwegian resistance and Norwegian collaborators, and the British-led allied effort to stop production.

Sons of Anarchy
-- I had been avoiding this because I wasn't interested in a "biker" show. But it is really a show about organized crime, corruption, paid off cops, code of honor, rats, legal deals, competition, loyalty, betrayal, family, etc. If you like mafia type shows, this will be up your alley.

the batman

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2010
From my TiVo record list:
  • The Walking Dead
  • Modern Family
  • The Americans
  • The Strain
  • Better Call Saul
  • Fear The Walking Dead
  • Colony
  • Preacher
  • Night Manager (mini-series)
Netflix:
  • Bloodlines
  • House of Cards
  • Daredevil
  • Sense 8
  • Jessica Jones
HBO: GoT
i need to check out the night manager, how good is it on a scale of 1-5?

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
i need to check out the night manager, how good is it on a scale of 1-5?

I'd give it a 4, it's pacing is not action like James Bond, in the 6 parts, most of it is set up, intrigue, personal relationships, official corruption, and beautiful settings, how a hotel night manager (literally) infiltrates into an international arms dealsr's organization to try to undo him.
[doublepost=1465907315][/doublepost]
all i can say then is this- bring on the hiddleston!

It took me an episode, I'd seen that guy, to recognize him as Loki! :D

the batman

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2010
I'd give it a 4, it's pacing is not action like James Bond, in the 6 parts, most of it is set up, intrigue, personal relationships, official corruption, and beautiful settings, how a hotel night manager (literally) infiltrates into an international arms dealsr's organization to try to undo him.
[doublepost=1465907315][/doublepost]

It took me an episode, I'd seen that guy, to recognize him as Loki! :D
a coincidence that you mention bond then, since it looks like he is replacing daniel craig

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
a coincidence that you mention bond then, since it looks like he is replacing daniel craig

Yes, when I look at the list of Actors who portrayed Bond, it's mostly been miss. Craig was the best Bond since Connery and I consider Connery in his prime to be the ultimate. Moore turned Bond into a characature and Bronson was not swarthy enough. We are not looking for a pretty boy. ;)

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Are u lost yet?
MV5BMjA3NzMyMzU1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjc1ODUwMg@@._V1_UY268_CR14,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Lost (2004-2010)

At the moment i'm half way through Season 1 on Netflix..but they have all 6. Good story...

Reactions: Huntn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.