Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sphirexx

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2014
Definitely! Hope it isn't anything more than the Logic Board and cable.

AS he pointed out(the guy who shipped my board) you can notice the burnt pins on the board as well in the last image i posted to this thread. Anyways the parts I ordered are now out for delivery(replacement logic board, lids cable, new dc and suction cup) but mail doesnt usually get here til around 1. Im going to shower and then I need to go get a new antistatic wristband from radioshack since i seem to have misplaced mines! I'll let you know how replacing the lvds and all goes and probably will post some photos as well!

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
AS he pointed out(the guy who shipped my board) you can notice the burnt pins on the board as well in the last image i posted to this thread. Anyways the parts I ordered are now out for delivery(replacement logic board, lids cable, new dc and suction cup) but mail doesnt usually get here til around 1. Im going to shower and then I need to go get a new antistatic wristband from radioshack since i seem to have misplaced mines! I'll let you know how replacing the lvds and all goes and probably will post some photos as well!

The more photos the better. It is good to provide knowledge for future viewers of the forums. Remember to use the iFixit guide. They are really great resources!

sphirexx

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2014
The more photos the better. It is good to provide knowledge for future viewers of the forums. Remember to use the iFixit guide. They are really great resources!

I got too wrapped up and didnt get to take photos aside from two or three that I sent to the guy I bought the replacement board from via imessage. Anyways, Im typing using the MBP right now:b Soo much better than my old white macbook. I just ordered a ssd and plan on swapping out the superdrive for a second hdd. I plan on backing up all my documents and what not from my old macbook and then trying to sell it. Anyways thanks once again for the help and for talking me through this adventure:) I had a lot of fun!

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I got too wrapped up and didnt get to take photos aside from two or three that I sent to the guy I bought the replacement board from via imessage. Anyways, Im typing using the MBP right now:b Soo much better than my old white macbook. I just ordered a ssd and plan on swapping out the superdrive for a second hdd. I plan on backing up all my documents and what not from my old macbook and then trying to sell it. Anyways thanks once again for the help and for talking me through this adventure:) I had a lot of fun!

No problem. Glad you got it running with the replacement parts...

How much did all the repairs cost?

sphirexx

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2014
No problem. Glad you got it running with the replacement parts...

How much did all the repairs cost?

The board cost 300$ but the guy who sold it to me paid me 50$ for my bad board. so 250 plus 5$ and some change to ship then another 5$ for the replacement DC and 15$ for the LVDS cable so about 275$ give or take. If I would have ordered my board from any other person I probably wouldnt have noticed the bad LVDS cable and would have destroyed another board. So I got extremely lucky!

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
The board cost 300$ but the guy who sold it to me paid me 50$ for my bad board. so 250 plus 5$ and some change to ship then another 5$ for the replacement DC and 15$ for the LVDS cable so about 275$ give or take. If I would have ordered my board from any other person I probably wouldnt have noticed the bad LVDS cable and would have destroyed another board. So I got extremely lucky!

That's not too bad for a 2010 plus you gained repair experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.