Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What is your favorite carrier?

• AT&T

Votes: 46 43.0%
  • Verizon

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • T-Mobile

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • Sprint

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
I know I said T-Mobile in another post (only cause of that cool offer, I'm not with them anymore.) my favorite for myself has to be AT&T.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Whichever one does the best job of balancing coverage, data speed, and pricing in my specific area. Currently that means I'm using T-Mobile. Happy with the service, data speeds, and plan pricing right now. But I would be perfectly willing to switch if AT&T or Verizon (Sprint coverage is terrible where I live) were to offer something compelling.

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
T-Mobile. I started out with Verizon (but, in all fairness, this was way prior to smartphones being introduced to the market).

T-Mobile hasn't really given me much trouble. I'm not a heavy data user, and I don't really use the internet much when outside of the house or outside of the office at work, so I'm satisfied.

T-Mobile has also been doing some really impressive things with their business model lately. So that's a plus.

arefbe

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2010
AT&T. But if they don't increase their LTE coverage in Utah, come November it's going to be Verizon.:)

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
Love Verizon, only been with them going on 6 months but it's the best experience I've had with any of the big 4 carries to date and I've been with all of them at one point in time. I pay a high premium but the coverage & customer service is top notch.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Verizon.

Been with them for 14 years and have never had a problem. The coverage in my area (Chicagoland) is superb. Customer service is also top notch whenever I call/visit a corporate store. You pay a high price with your checking account, though.

My sentiments exactly, but I'll pay a premium for premium service. (Apple)!

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
AT&T. My first carrier was Cingular, and when they bought AT&T I was a happy customer. I left AT&T late 2009 when I got pissed about their rapidly degrading coverage at my house and they would do nothing to help rectify it (wanting to charge an arm and a leg for a microcell) and went to Sprint for a year because of their unlimited data plans, only to find out they could offer unlimited data because their network was too slow to use in any meaningful way. Still, I was generally okay with Sprint until my wife's service started having really weird issues, and instead of trying to fix it they kept giving us the run-around and insisting she simply change her phone number. I paid the ETF and went to Verizon for about 24 hours, until they asked me to find another carrier because they were never going to offer coverage where I lived.

I went back to AT&T that day and haven't looked back since. The grass is always greener...

keitarou

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2012
AT&T. My first carrier was Cingular, and when they bought AT&T I was a happy customer. I left AT&T late 2009 when I got pissed about their rapidly degrading coverage at my house and they would do nothing to help rectify it (wanting to charge an arm and a leg for a microcell) and went to Sprint for a year because of their unlimited data plans, only to find out they could offer unlimited data because their network was too slow to use in any meaningful way. Still, I was generally okay with Sprint until my wife's service started having really weird issues, and instead of trying to fix it they kept giving us the run-around and insisting she simply change her phone number. I paid the ETF and went to Verizon for about 24 hours, until they asked me to find another carrier because they were never going to offer coverage where I lived.

I went back to AT&T that day and haven't looked back since. The grass is always greener...

Where do you live that Verizon as no coverage? Rare to see Verizon not have any coverage.

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Where do you live that Verizon as no coverage? Rare to see Verizon not have any coverage.

Wilson County, Texas. I got my phone that day (a Galaxy Nexus; dodged a bullet there) and when I got home I had basically no bars. Since my mobile is my only phone, I called Verizon and the dude I initially talked to could clearly tell there was a problem (we kept getting disconnected) and put in an order to get me whatever Verizon's version of a microcell was. Their process required a work order be put in with their tech folks who would assess the area and determine whether they would offer me one or not.

The next evening I followed up on the work order and they told me rather bluntly that they wouldn't offer me a microcell because they were never planning on improving the service in my area. When I asked what my options were they basically told me that I could deal with the ****** service or find another carrier. I opted for the latter, obviously.

typeadam

macrumors regular
May 16, 2010
Sprint b/c it's stupid cheap with a stupid amount of data and the coverage that I need and where I need is good.

TantalizedMind

Suspended
Feb 5, 2007
I hate them all. Hah. I have Verizon and while they do cover most of America their 3G data where I live sucks! Luckily I'm moving in a few weeks to a larger town where I know 3G is better.

Verizon is overpriced by far but generally has the best coverage. I had AT&T from 1999-2005 but once we moved from NJ to NY in 2005 apparently making calls in NY was considered "roaming". Our bill went from $100 that month to $900+. We cancelled out service that friggin' week. Been on Verizon ever since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.