Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I'm curious as to why you would want to do this. Carrier settings let the carrier provision the device to work best on their network. Why prevent that?

Reactions: ABC5S

coolnitman

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
I'm curious as to why you would want to do this. Carrier settings let the carrier provision the device to work best on their network. Why prevent that?

It keeps on asking on my device and when i update it I loose signal.
Sometimes it gets updated automatically

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
It only gets updated automatically if you update iOS, otherwise it always asks and you can click 'No.'

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
It only gets updated automatically if you update iOS, otherwise it always asks and you can click 'No.'

Thats not 100% true. About a year back when AT&T issued the Amber/Government alert carrier update, that was required and automatically updated. Didn't give you the option to cancel the update. Last week, I got a 16.1 carrier update on my iPad for TMO, again, no option to cancel the update. It was automatically installed.

Vivian125

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2017
any answers here are wrong. The Carrier update is mandatory, so you can chose Not Now instead of yes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.