Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myname70

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 5, 2014
Guys, i am looking for iPad with Flash light on the camera. Do you expect in the new 2014 releases, Apple will introduce a flashlight ?

redmamoth

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2011
Well, given that anyone taking photo's with a tablet should be hung, drawn and quartered, I doubt this it top of Apple's priority list.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Who knows. I thought for sure the iPad Air would come with one. Hopefully, the next revision will feature camera flash.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I suppose if you haven't got a good camera on your phone you might want to use the iPad, but I wouldn't even bother. It's just not practical!

myname70

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 5, 2014
Of course, if someone needs to have good/profi pictures, he should use a photo camera, but not portable devices:) The iPad/iPhone is used just for daily, moment capture . The quality is OK for this reason, but sometimes (in dark rooms, example) without flash is not good.. Taking into account the general Apple problems with the pic quality in lowlight environmental - i think Apple should consider to propose a flash on the iPad as well (similar to the iPhones). Let's see the June's news...

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Of course, if someone needs to have good/profi pictures, he should use a photo camera, but not portable devices:) The iPad/iPhone is used just for daily, moment capture . The quality is OK for this reason, but sometimes (in dark rooms, example) without flash is not good.. Taking into account the general Apple problems with the pic quality in lowlight environmental - i think Apple should consider to propose a flash on the iPad as well (similar to the iPhones). Let's see the June's news...

I certainly don't disagree about the Flash option but I will say the iPad Air takes amazingly good pictures. I use it for landscape pictures when I go to the beach or near the coast. The large screen makes it much easier for taking pictures. Even though I have a great photo camera the screen is too small as is on most photo cameras.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
I think we are getting to that point where taking pics with a tablet has become very common, and I don't see anything wrong with it, it actually makes sense as tablets tend to have much longer battery life than most portable gadgets making them ideal for long days out, as many people now use smartphones to take pics rather than real cameras anyway.

I hope the next iPad does have a flash, even if it's a small single flash. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.