Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
Recently got the iPhone 5S Gold and my home button is slightly raised.

Admittedly I'm used to the slightly recessed variety, but I'm trying to give this option a try.

What do you guys prefer slightly raised home buttons or slightly recessed home buttons.

I'm 99% certain based on past and present experiences a "flush" home button doesn't exist. Hence my question.

Thoughts!?

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I've owned a 1st gen iPod touch, an iPhone 3GS, 4s and 5s, and all the home buttons were flush.

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
To me flush implies that there is do distinction from the inner home button to the immediate outside of the home button and vice versa.

I've had all the iPhones and I can't off the top of my head remember this being the case.

The one I have now is raised ever so slightly, but I'm starting to like it, as it makes the Metal Ring more distinct.

TantalizedMind

Suspended
Feb 5, 2007
To me flush implies the sides of the home button are level with the rest of the phone. Everyone might think differently.

But now that I know what flush means to you, lol, my iPhone 4 home button IS recessed in the middle. I would assume all iPhones except the 5S are that way.

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
Ok, so to be clear when I was referring to the home button I was talking about the entire assembly, Metal Ring included.

According to some of you however, maybe my home button "itself" is flush!? But by my definition my home button or "complete assembly" is not flush.

To further complicate/clarify I've had raised home buttons in the past and they've felt razor sharp to the touch. This time it's very subtle, as it seems like only perhaps the ring itself is raised!?

Anyway, I'm just trying to draw others out and establish a baseline as to what's normal.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
There is always some variation.

Mine is probably recessed if I was really going to describe it.

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
Yeah from my experience is that the majority are recessed. However, this slightly raised one I have is rapidly growing on me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.