Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

New alleged renderings of the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 said to be sourced from primary Apple supplier Foxconn have surfaced on Chinese site Wei Feng [Google Translate, via GforGames].

iphone6_foxconn_1xx-800x669.jpg
The renders, which show measurements of 138 x 67mm for the device, appears to be consistent with drawings published in Japanese magazine MacFan last month, and in line with precise measurements of a mockup done by Taiwanese blog AppleCorner last week.

iphone_6_foxconn_renders_2-800x351.jpg
Similar to details in other reports, the new renders show a number of design changes on the iPhone 6, including rounded corners, rectangular volume controls on the left, and a relocated power button on the top right hand side. Also shown is a cutout for the Apple logo on the rear of the device, which appears to be different than the current logo found on the iPhone 5s and previous models.

Notably, the drawings show two antenna breaks cut out on the rear of the device, which seems to suggest that Apple will incorporate a three-stage aluminum design on the back of the iPhone 6. A report from Mac Otakara last month claimed that Apple would be doing away with the glass breaks currently found on the iPhone 5s, although it is unsure how Apple will change its overall antenna design to accommodate the new look.

Apple is expected to unveil the iPhone 6 later this year, with a recent report stating that the company will launch the 4.7-inch version in August and the larger 5.5-inch version in September. Aside from a large display, Apple's next-generation iPhone will likely include a thinner profile, a new A8 processor, and an improved camera in the form of either optical or electronic image stabilization.

Article Link: Renders of 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Allegedly Sourced from Foxconn Surface

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
i wish they would get rid of the iPhone 5/5s breaks. make it look cleaner

512ke

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2003
Samsung will have time to copy it and release a copycat phone before the 6 is released.

Maybe this is a dummy phone to fool the copycats. B

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
I'd be surprised (disappointed) if the antenna separators look like that. I except them to be done much cleaner, ideally just a break like on the sides of the 5/5s, but all the way around.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
OMG...another render...mockup, etc...Lawd...if I didn't know any better, I'd think this phone was coming out this summer, and not fall.

Tanegashima

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2009
Portugal
Fake. No Beats logo.

Apple would never do that!

The only logo in any apple product besides apple's own, was "Bose", on the Bose speakers for the TAM.

For example, MacBooks and iMac's are the only computers that don't come with intel inside stickers.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
Sweet! Another render of the same thing. Gonna be so hard to wait for the 5.5 incher.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.