Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Totally

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2012
West Coast = Best Coast
I have a humble request: Can the moderators close any thread about activation lock bypass? Make it a forum rule or something to not mention it.

Here are my reasons:

1. To my knowledge (which should be good), Bypassing the activation lock is EXTREMELY difficult. That's why there are no threads telling people how to do it, nor reddit posts. (If you want to try to do it yourself, look at ih8sn0w's post for the r0bf0rdsn0w code - good luck ;) )

-- This is why when you scour the web trying to find out how to do you, you find NOTHING - surprise...

2. Most people responding to these posts have no clue what they are talking about.

3. Most of the people asking to do this to their device have no clue what it even means to activation lock it. I think they assume that just entering some secret pattern on the phone will magically unlock it forever.

4. The devices likely got into the current owner's hands via direct theft or purchase for a ridiculously low price from someone who stole it and realized the device was useless to them.

5. There are multiple threads about it right now in the jailbreak and ipad section about this and the same thing gets said on each one. Making a new thread is not going to magically get the answer that none of the previous 27 other posters wanted to see/hear too.

TL;DR: It can't be done to your device. Stop posting about it. Rant over.

Last edited:

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
I have a humble request: Can the moderators close any thread about activation lock bypass? Make it a forum rule or something to not mention it.

Here are my reasons:

1. To my knowledge (which should be good), Bypassing the activation lock is EXTREMELY difficult. That's why there are no threads telling people how to do it, nor reddit posts. (If you want to try to do it yourself, look at ih8sn0w's post for the r0bf0rdsn0w code - good luck ;) )

-- This is why when you scour the web trying to find out how to do you, you find NOTHING - surprise...

2. Most people responding to these posts have no clue what they are talking about.

3. Most of the people asking to do this to their device have no clue what it even means to activation lock it. I think they assume that just entering some secret pattern on the phone will magically unlock it forever.

4. The devices likely got into the current owner's hands via direct theft or purchase for a ridiculously low price from someone who stole it and realized the device was useless to them.

5. There are multiple threads about it right now in the jailbreak and ipad section about this and the same thing gets said on each one. Making a new thread is not going to magically get the answer that none of the previous 27 other posters wanted to see/hear too.

TL;DR: It can't be done to your device. Stop posting about it. Rant over.

This applies to pretty much every topic you can possibly think of.

What color pants were u wearing when you bought your iPhone 5s and what was going thru your head at the time! Random posts like that. They get reported and they don't get closed or go away.

Problem is that none of these get shut down so it will continue....just like the bypass threads. They seem to care more about quantity of posts rather than quality.

This sub forum is a good example...who has responded??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.