Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
So I had only black iOS Devices since 2006...

iPods ;

- iPod Nano 2nd Gen
- iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen
- iPod Shuffle 3rd Gen

iPhones ;

- Original iPhone
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 5

I felt like this year is time for a change so I bought a gold iPhone 5s, white iPad Air and a silver iPod classic.
After unboxing them it was kinda weird ; the gold 5s looks fake and the white iPad looks like a toy. The only one that looks like a real Apple product is the silver iPod Classic.
I think I made a mistake and in 2015/6 I will switch back to black (or space grey?) products.

The funny thing is that I dress kinda junkie and I listen to old school music (like Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, CCR, The Doors etc) and I walk around with a fancy champagne-gold phone. Lol.

Did any of you made a change to another colour and regret it ?

Last edited:

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
This year I bought only white iOS Devices.

No. My dad and I had black devices until the iPhone 5 came out and we decided we would try white iOS devices. He got the 5 and I got the 4. I was kinda disappointed that there isn't a white front on the 5c when it came out though. Stuck with a black bezel.

DiCaprioAngel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
New York
I have a black iPhone 5, but I bought my rMini in white and I like it. I, personally, think black is better for phones. I don't know, that's just me! iPads look better in white, for me.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
No. My dad and I had black devices until the iPhone 5 came out and we decided we would try white iOS devices. He got the 5 and I got the 4. I was kinda disappointed that there isn't a white front on the 5c when it came out though. Stuck with a black bezel.

I was kinda disappointed that Apple didn't take the opportunity to create a (product)RED version of the 5C. Apple sells TONS of iPhones. Why not use your product success to raise money for AIDS? This was the first iPhone to be offered in more colors than 2.... and they left out a major color... RED!

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
I was kinda disappointed that Apple didn't take the opportunity to create a (product)RED version of the 5C. Apple sells TONS of iPhones. Why not use your product success to raise money for AIDS? This was the first iPhone to be offered in more colors than 2.... and they left out a major color... RED!

The product red color wouldn't really go with the other colors of the 5c. That's probably why.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I prefer black. I hate white (my wife's good with white though) and not a single color that the 5s comes in I liked.

So, I stayed with my black/slate iPhone 5 as there was no other compelling reason (for me) to upgrade from the 5 to the 5s. Had the 5s come in a black/slate color like the 5, I might have reconsidered.

I'm really hoping Apple makes a black iPhone 6. I'm just not cool with Space Gray, Silver, White or Gold.

R.Stoychev

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2012
I got white iphone 5 because I don't like the the black one and I'm pretty happy with it, my 4 is black, but after apple announce the space grey, I'm looking forward to space grey iphone 6 :D

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
I prefer black. I hate white (my wife's good with white though) and not a single color that the 5s comes in I liked.

So, I stayed with my black/slate iPhone 5 as there was no other compelling reason (for me) to upgrade from the 5 to the 5s. Had the 5s come in a black/slate color like the 5, I might have reconsidered.

I'm really hoping Apple makes a black iPhone 6. I'm just not cool with Space Gray, Silver, White or Gold.

Apple went with space gray because it was chipping. I know my friend who has a slate iPod touch has chips all over it.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Apple went with space gray because it was chipping. I know my friend who has a slate iPod touch has chips all over it.
Yeah, I know. Scuffgate, bad annodization, etc. That was the major driver for the Space Gray model.

Rather than fixing the problem (proper annodization) Apple chose to try and hide it by going with a lighter color.

I don't like the chipping and scuffs/scratches on my iPhone, but I like the colors Apple offers in the 5s less. Just me.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I had a black i4 and have currently got a white i5. I like the white and don't regret it at all, in fact I think iOS7 suits it better than the black/space grey colours. I'll get a white i6 if they release a white one.

Alphabetize

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2013
I wish they would go back to these vivid colors:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 5.14.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 5.14.39 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 93

bnekic

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I've always had black apple products also. Decided to sell my space gray 5s for a gold a few weeks ago. For the most part I really like it and it's refreshing to have a different color finally.

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
I've always had black apple products also. Decided to sell my space gray 5s for a gold a few weeks ago. For the most part I really like it and it's refreshing to have a different color finally.

Indeed it's refreshing but it looks so cheap & fake with the white bezel. The back, wich is champagne-gold looks classy and nice.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I too wish they would've kept the Slate instead of going Space Gray. The Space Gray is pretty ugly in my opinion so it made it easy to choose the gold for the 5S.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I've got four little letters for you:

O

C

D

I really hate when OCD is misused or misdiagnosed.

I've had only black I devices since the original iPhone and this year I bought a white iPad Air and a white 64GV iPod touch. When the iPhone 6 is launched I will be getting that in white as well.

TantalizedMind

Suspended
Feb 5, 2007
I got white iphone 5 because I don't like the the black one and I'm pretty happy with it, my 4 is black, but after apple announce the space grey, I'm looking forward to space grey iphone 6 :D

The 5S comes in Space Grey, that doesn't mean the 6 will.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.