Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
I had purchased the extended warranty for my iMac when I bought it back in 2011, and it's going to run out by the end of the month.

Other than some slowness (which I attribute to me having installed apps that I don't need, but haven't uninstalled, as well as not having disabled some startup items due to laziness), the iMac still runs well, and I've had the hard drive exchanged during the recall program. Should I still have it checked up by an Apple technician lest there are hardware issues I do not know of? Or am I being paranoid?

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
I had purchased the extended warranty for my iMac when I bought it back in 2011, and it's going to run out by the end of the month.

Other than some slowness (which I attribute to me having installed apps that I don't need, but haven't uninstalled, as well as not having disabled some startup items due to laziness), the iMac still runs well, and I've had the hard drive exchanged during the recall program. Should I still have it checked up by an Apple technician lest there are hardware issues I do not know of? Or am I being paranoid?

Sure, have it checked out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.