Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
I have to work with alot of finanical documents at work. Sometimes the files that come in are huge and we have to forward them on to other offices. The problem is the PDFs are so large they can not be e-mailed as one file. The computers at work are Windows 7 PCs and we do not have Adobe Reader Professional, so we can not break up the PDFs. I have been toting my Macbook Pro to work for the few times a week I might have to split PDFs and I just do it in Preview. Carrying the MBP around to work, then school after work is no easy task. Especially for the rare instances that I actually need to split PDFs. I have my iPad with me everyday, so what I was wondering is if there are any apps or any way to split a PDF using just the iPad?

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
Anyone know? If there is absolutely no way, then I think I will sell the iPad and get an 11" MacBook Air for work and still keep the 15" MBP for home.

Cancelled
Feb 24, 2010
I'm really interested in this too! I'm a teacher, and this is the only reason I went with the macbook air over an iPad.

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
There are several PDF editing apps for the iPad but I do not know if you can split PDF's using them.

There are so many. The ones I searched were not able to split PDFs. I also googled it and came up with nothing. I figured maybe someone here would know before I make the leap and post my iPad to Craigslist.

yohanesu75

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2014
PDF Split&Merge

Hi

I know this thread is a bit old but just in case someone ends up here looking for the same thing.

Why don't you try PDF Split&Merge

Very simple but powerful tool to split and merge pdf files.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chew

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2009
Also, the GoodReader app since version 4 has some PDF split and merge capabilities - just for general information on that topic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.