Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
I like to use shuffle in iTunes but there are just some tracks on albums (Abbey Road, The Wall, etc) that do not sound right played as individual tracks (too short, poor transitions, etc). From my searching, iTunes used to be able to group tracks together for playing during shuffle but iTunes has lost that feature. The only other option I have found is to combine the tracks into 1 long track when the tracks are imported from the cd. But I already have these tracks imported and some are mp3, some are ALAC, some are m4a.

Does anyone have any idea how I can combine tracks, of like format, without introducing compression? I have looked at Join Tracks at Doug's scripts, but using it, the ALAC files would be lossy.

Audacity I suppose is an option, but my understanding is that the "joints" aren't seamless.

Any other ideas/options to get a set of tracks to act as 1 track when using shuffle in iTunes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.