Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following the leak of a simple case for the rumored 5.5-inch iPhone 6, Nowhereelse.fr today pointed to [Google Translate] a pair of posts on Rocket News 24 sharing photos of a physical mockup of the larger iPhone 6 model alongside an iPhone 5s. While there have been numerous renderings, cases, and physical mockups of the rumored 4.7-inch iPhone 6 in recent weeks, this is one of the first comparison shots of the 5.5-inch version.

55_iphone_6_mockup_5s_front.jpg
The resin-based mockup was printed on a MakerBot Replicator 2 3D Printer using design drawings published earlier this year by MacFan. The comparisons show just how much larger the 5.5-inch device is than the iPhone 5s, with the mockup measuring 157 mm in length, 77 mm in width and just 6.7 mm in thickness. It is longer and wider than the iPhone 5s (123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm), but has a thinner profile that matches more closely to the iPod touch fifth generation (123.4 x 58.6 x 6.1 mm).

55_iphone_6_mockup_5s_side.jpg
The mockup adopts the iPod touch-style curved edges, which are markedly different from the hard corners of the iPhone 5s, and elongated volume buttons. Unlike previous high-quality mockups of the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 model, this mockup is relatively crude, providing few details beyond the basic form factor.

Apple is rumored to be preparing a 4.7-inch version of the iPhone 6 for release in the fall, while the 5.5-inch version may debut several months later due to production issues that may have delayed its release.

Article Link: 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Mockup Compared to iPhone 5s in New Photos

Futurix

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2011
Strasbourg, France
I've just unsubscribed from push notifications - enough of MocRumors for me.

I'll still visit, once in a while, for the hope of some more substantial news and true rumours :mad:

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
Yes! I was waiting for this!! (Sarcasm)
Is there any way they can put a mockup next to a hamburger? Or wait.... How about next to a venti white mocha from Starbucks? .... The 8 daily mockups are getting out of hand....

diogolg

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2012
Wow.. That's big. Not for me, for sure, but in a world were people uses camera in a glass it will have some that will buy this...

sseaton1971

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2012
I am so glad we have all these mockup stories. I just could never have imagined what a larger iPhone might look like without them!

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
That is freaking huge! I'd feel like a complete idiot if I was walking around with one of those and call came in lol.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
We publish mockups of the 4.7-inch version, people say "I want to see the 5.5-inch one...where's that?" So we publish mockups of the larger ones and people still aren't happy.

Yes, there have been a lot of mockups...it's that time of year. But it's still a fairly small fraction of our overall coverage, and no one is going to be interested in every story we publish. If this isn't your cup of tea, feel free to move on and wait for something else to be posted.

perealb

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2009
The sarcastic remarks about iPhone 6 mockup posts by MacRumors are more annoying the the articles themselves.

Last edited:

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Now all we need is a story about a 3rd party case that fits this dummy mockup. :D

redscull

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
I've just unsubscribed from push notifications - enough of MocRumors for me.

I'll still visit, once in a while, for the hope of some more substantial news and true rumours :mad:
Seriously. Mock ups should not be front page articles. They should be relegated to a special subpage all to themselves.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.