Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
I am of the opinion that Power Supports Crystal Film screen protectors are amazingly good - not only are they static based so not messy to put on the phone but when they are on they are invisible to the eye!

They are meant to be washable but I am sure like others here that has never worked out!

When you wash them its impossible to dry them out without getting dust on then...

Well tonight accidently I found out how to wash them so they are like new and work!

KEEP the plastic backing to the protector as that is instrumental in the process!

1.Remove the dirty screen protector from the iPhone/iPod

2. Take the dirty protector and plastic backing that you kept when you put it on to the kitchen/bathroom.

3. Wash both parts with water - use your hands to clean them thoroughly

make sure you know which side is which as that is important!

4. Rinse them again to make sure there are no fingerprints on either.

5. Whilst still wet put the crystal film protector BACK onto the backing!

They will both be wet but there will be no dirt and no dusk and no fingerprints as they are both wet still!

6. The static side of the protector should now be back on the plastic backing sheet it came with but with water/air bubbles between the layers.

7. Squidgy the air/water bubble out of the spaces using a piece of card or something hard.

8. Leave to dry! *you can dry the outside with a cloth or tissue as the only part you don't want to get dirty is the inside part but that is now protected against the backing*

When it is dry it will be like new!

I hope that helped some of you out there looking to clean your crystal films!

PS Don't forget to clean the iphone/ipod screen before re-applying it!

MichaelSelbekk

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2010
Thanks!

I got a screen protector for iPhone, but I wasn't careful enough when putting it on, so it got dirty. This guide helped alot =D thanks

efi123

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2013
This is amazing!

Just reapplied my crystal clear screen protector (which I removed because of a single dust particle)… worked perfectly.

What I also did is I applied the plastic backing back to the protector underwater (in a large bowl full of tap water), that ensured nothing got between the two..

Thanks for the guide!

gunther80

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2012
Hi,

Thank you, I had a plastic film that I got dirty with little fabic hairs and I was about to throw it out, did a google search and found this! Appreciate it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.