Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released OS X 10.9.3, after two months of developer testing. The last 10.9.3 developer beta, build 13D61, was released just over a week ago.

The update, which is recommended for all Mavericks users, improves 4K display support on the late 2013 Mac Pro and 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display. According to the release notes, it also re-adds the ability to sync contacts and calendars between Macs and iOS devices using a USB connection and it improves the reliability of VPN connections using IPSec.

Today's update also includes Safari 7.0.3, and Apple has released iTunes 11.2 as well.

mavericks.jpg
The OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 Update is recommended for all Mavericks users. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.
This update:

- Improves 4K display support on Mac Pro (Late 2013) and MacBook Pro with 15-inch Retina Display (Late 2013)
- Adds the ability to sync contacts and calendars between a Mac and iOS device using a USB connection
- Improves the reliability of VPN connections using IPsec
- Includes Safari 7.0.3

For detailed information about this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6228
For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
First outlined after the initial 10.9.3 beta, the improved 4K support enables HiDPI Retina scaling on 4K displays for the 2013 Mac Pro and Retina MacBook Pro with DisplayPort 1.2, which improves the size and readability of text and other on-screen elements. 10.9.3 also includes 60Hz 4K output for the 2013 Retina Macbook Pros and the higher refresh rates will improve response times for smoother game playing, video editing, and more.

OS X 10.9.3 can be downloaded through the software update function in the Mac App Store or through the following links:

- OS X Mavericks Update v10.9.3 (461.7 MB)
- OS X Mavericks Update v10.9.3 (Combo) (947.2 MB)

Article Link: Apple Releases OS X 10.9.3 With Enhanced Support for 4K Displays, Syncing Improvements

wlossw

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2012
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Nice... Very nice... now all I need is a new Mac pro and 4K display o test...:rolleyes:

It also appears they have an iTunes update out as well...

Last edited:

chirpie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2010
Anyone want to test their 7950 graphic card (Not Mac flashed) to see if it fixes that mini-displayport restart bug? ^_^

bommai

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2003
Melbourne, FL
And still no true 24p playback in OS X. Thus the Mac mini remains the *almost* perfect HTPC...

24p playback has been available for a long time. That is how I watch my bluray rips on my projector using a mini-DVI to HDMI adapter on my 2007 24" iMac.

Intelligent

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Apple today released OS X 10.9.3, after two months of developer testing. The last 10.9.3 developer beta, build 13D61, was released just over a week ago.

The update, which is recommended for all Mavericks users, improves 4K display support on the late 2013 Mac Pro and 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display. According to the release notes, it also re-adds the ability to sync contacts and calendars between Macs and iOS devices using a USB connection and it improves the reliability of VPN connections using IPSec.

First outlined after the initial 10.9.3 beta, the improved 4K support enables HiDPI Retina scaling on 4K displays for the 2013 Mac Pro and Retina MacBook Pro with DisplayPort 1.2, which improves the size and readability of text and other on-screen elements. 10.9.3 also includes 60Hz 4K output for the 2013 Retina Macbook Pros and the higher refresh rates will improve response times for smoother game playing, video editing, and more.

OS X 10.9.3 can be downloaded through the software update function in the Mac App Store.

Article Link: Apple Releases OS X 10.9.3 With Enhanced Support for 4K Displays, Syncing Improvements

Why doesn't in show in my app store?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.