Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hydr

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2009
You will need HDMI 2.0 for that.

HDMI 1.4 and 2.0 are identical in hardware spec. It´s only a matter of updating the code to enable 2.0 on nMP & rMBP. Why not do so with 10.9.3 which focuses on improved 4k support? Anyway, if someone can check let us know. A lot of people are curious.

hydr

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2009
Nope. Still stuck at 30hz. I wasn't really expecting HDMI 2.0 support with 10.9.3 update, but this is kinda disappointing. :( And no non-2x HiDPi mode for UHD TV I am using.

Argh! Typical Apple.. Want it? Well, you´ll get it on the next updated Mac Pro version. Although they could easily have implemented this in 10.9.3 now.
:mad::apple:

togglemedia

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2012
Toronto, ON
Users directory hidden

Seems Apple has hidden the Users folder with the 10.9.3 update. Seems funny that after 15 years, they would do this. But it fits their philosophical goal of hiding complexity from users who really don't need to see it anyway.

h4nc0

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2014
Argh! Typical Apple.. Want it? Well, you´ll get it on the next updated Mac Pro version. Although they could easily have implemented this in 10.9.3 now.
:mad::apple:

They will do a firmware update or a TB to HDMI 2.0 adapter of some sort, I am sure. I hope. :)

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2007
For this update I will do the Combo instead of the typical Apple update. I have the time and I have the bandwidth. :)

Mr. Wonderful

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2009
You know what's telling about these "xxx MB on a 2011 MBP" posts that have almost become a meme here because it's always a 2011 MBP?

How many people are still on Sandy Bridge 2011 MacBooks and are completely satisfied with their performance/seemingly don't have plans to upgrade (based on how long the posts have been going on, and not decreasing in number).

chriscl

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2008
Stuttgart, Germany
Popped up in App Store updates for me along with iTunes 11.2 - cMBP mid-2012 here.

Installed, rebooted, job done. Update took about ten minutes.

Not sure what is new, but a general bug-fixing update is always welcome.

Squuiid

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2006
A repair permissions on Macintosh HD now hides the users folder in finder. WTF!

UPDATE: Sorry, just noticed that 'togglemedia' said more or less the same thing above.

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
Seems Apple has hidden the Users folder with the 10.9.3 update. Seems funny that after 15 years, they would do this. But it fits their philosophical goal of hiding complexity from users who really don't need to see it anyway.

Same here. That is weird. Must be a mistake. I can see hiding the user library (though I don't like it and change it almost immediately) but not the Users folder.

Seems like Finder is just a little faster but not as fast as 10.8.5.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It really breaks my heart to see Apple getting lax on their own UI guidelines.

Yes-No.png

Yes/No buttons are so Windows. Yuck!

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Same here. That is weird. Must be a mistake. I can see hiding the user library (though I don't like it and change it almost immediately) but not the Users folder.

Seems like Finder is just a little faster but not as fast as 10.8.5.

I bet it's not a mistake, but rather because some clueless users were deleting the folder by accident and destroying all their data.

This was likely the same reason for hiding the Library folder. Truthfully, that didn't bother me much; what bothers me more is them no longer putting your home directory by default in the sidebar. Given how often you go to your home directory, it seems surprising they took it out. At least Go... Home still works.

accentaudio

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2012
Kansas City
They still haven't fixed the glitch when launching Disk Utility that causes it to lag when opening. Apple doesn't seem to care much for GUI speed anymore...?

mojolicious

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2014
Sarf London
I'm 'User'-less on both the Macs I've updated.

Seems odd not to have a 'show Users folder' available at the root of the volume, in the same way there's a 'show Library folder' when viewing your own user folder...

typicaluser

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2013
What are your wifi issues? Crappy router?
Nope, it's the problem that Macbook can't reconnect to wifi after waken up from sleep and people with the issue have to turn wifi off and on to reconnect. I have this issue on my late 2013 MBPr.

h4nc0

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2014
I am also not getting the new scaled display preference, but the old one with list of available resolutions, on my UHD TV. I guess the 4k support is half-assed. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.