Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old May 15, 2014, 01:36 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

iTunes Connect for iOS Updated With iOS 7 Redesign

Following the release of OS X 10.9.3, an update to iTunes, and a revamped Podcasts app, Apple has also debuted a new version of the iTunes Connect app for developers, which includes an iOS 7-style overhaul.

Designed to allow developers to access sales data on their iOS devices, iTunes Connect has been completely redesigned in the first update that it has received since October of 2012.

Along with a new look, the iTunes Connect app now allows developers to access music, movies, and TV shows they have released on the App Store, in addition to apps and e-books.
Quote:
iTunes Connect has been completely redesigned to make it even easier to manage your products. In addition, you can now use the iTunes Connect app to access the music, movies, and TV shows you have made available on the iTunes Store.
iTunes Connect can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: iTunes Connect for iOS Updated With iOS 7 Redesign
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 01:38 PM   #2
edolecki
macrumors newbie

Thank you Apple! The iPad version has looked pretty horrific for a while now. Glad it's been updated.
edolecki is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 01:38 PM   #3
Scott90
macrumors 6502

Garageband for iOS update coming soon
Scott90 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 01:39 PM   #4
CrazyForApple
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to CrazyForApple
I wonder what took them so long to update this but happy that they did
CrazyForApple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 01:43 PM   #5
nikicampos
macrumors 6502

I don't even use this app, but, really, after almost a year, an app from Apple gets the iOS 7 look, I would think that whenever a major update like this is going to happen, they would have all of their apps with the new look and not wait a year.
nikicampos is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 01:48 PM   #6
cymerc
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikicampos View Post
I don't even use this app, but, really, after almost a year, an app from Apple gets the iOS 7 look, I would think that whenever a major update like this is going to happen, they would have all of their apps with the new look and not wait a year.
You obviously don't know how much work software development is...
cymerc is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 01:49 PM   #7
benguild
macrumors 6502a

Does it support multiple accounts yet?
Old May 15, 2014, 01:53 PM   #8
Bathplug
macrumors 6502a

Another boring bright white app you can use as a torch.
Bathplug is offline   9 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 02:15 PM   #9
djtech42
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathplug View Post
I feel like this app design in particular really emphasizes that fact about iOS 7.
Old May 15, 2014, 02:47 PM   #10
Z8beema
macrumors 6502

What does this app do?
Z8beema is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 02:55 PM   #11
zaredh
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z8beema View Post
What does this app do?
It is a way for members of the iOS Developer Program and Mac Developer Program to edit their app descriptions and metadata, view finances etc. iTunes Connect is also used for book publishers to sell their books in Apple's iBookstore.
zaredh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 03:02 PM   #12
nikicampos
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymerc View Post
You obviously don't know how much work software development is...
Maybe for a guy like you sitting in your desk can take a year to update an app, but for Apple, that's just not right.
nikicampos is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 03:16 PM   #13
cymerc
macrumors member

Quote:
Maybe for a guy like you sitting in your desk can take a year to update an app, but for Apple, that's just not right.
I would agree if Apple's only app were this one. I would also agree if I knew that this app had a dedicated team/developer who's full time job was this app. The former is for sure not true, and I'm willing to bet the latter is also false.

Apple has many many software products and only so many engineers. You have to prioritize.
cymerc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 03:23 PM   #14
pr10wrx
macrumors newbie

they should just update all there's stuff to the IOS 7 style
pr10wrx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 03:26 PM   #15
attila
macrumors 6502

The most important numbers are white text on bright green background?!

The old app was awful, but at least you could read the data!

Apple, seriously, get your design ***** together!

----------

Quote:
Actually, the Remote app is developed by only one (1) Apple employee! I'm sure this has a similar situation, being vastly less prioritised.
Old May 15, 2014, 03:49 PM   #16
Tiger8
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathplug View Post
Most recent UX trends are pushing for the flat, clean design. The idea is to draw focus on content and process rather than being distracted 3D buttons, borders, frames, and other items.
Tiger8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 04:09 PM   #17
waterskier2007
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to waterskier2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by benguild View Post
Does it support multiple accounts yet?
You don't stay logged in to the app, so it has always had support for multiple accounts
16 GB Nexus 7 (2012)
waterskier2007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 04:37 PM   #18
petsounds
macrumors 6502a

Logged in, selected another tab, which put it into an infinite activity indicator, went back to first tab and it hung. Restarted the app and it asked for my account info again.

Yup, as rock solid as it always was. *Delete*
petsounds is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 04:50 PM   #19
djtech42
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger8 View Post
Most recent UX trends are pushing for the flat, clean design. The idea is to draw focus on content and process rather than being distracted 3D buttons, borders, frames, and other items.
I'm OK with that trend, but flat design doesn't require an app to be mostly whitespace with some brightly colored elements that don't contrast well with the white background.
Old May 15, 2014, 05:42 PM   #20
afsnyder
macrumors 6502a

I feel like Apps like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and tumblr do a better job at designing apps for iOS 7 than the team that designed iTunes Connect at Apple.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtech42 View Post
I'm OK with that trend, but flat design doesn't require an app to be mostly whitespace with some brightly colored elements that don't contrast well with the white background.
IMO, Apple should have used a solid color in the navigation bar and more icons/images.
Old May 15, 2014, 05:53 PM   #21
cicero66
macrumors newbie

If that screenshot is real, it looks like Apple sells 10-15k apps / day - 238.000 apps / month.
cicero66 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 06:40 PM   #22
KALLT
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymerc View Post
I would agree if Apple's only app were this one. I would also agree if I knew that this app had a dedicated team/developer who's full time job was this app. The former is for sure not true, and I'm willing to bet the latter is also false.

Apple has many many software products and only so many engineers. You have to prioritize.
Still, itís kind of odd to leave an app for so long while pushing (and requiring) developers to get on board with iOS 7. Itís hypocrite almost.
KALLT is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 07:23 PM   #23
Z8beema
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaredh View Post
It is a way for members of the iOS Developer Program and Mac Developer Program to edit their app descriptions and metadata, view finances etc. iTunes Connect is also used for book publishers to sell their books in Apple's iBookstore.
Thanks. Usually you get destroyed for asking questions on this site
Old May 16, 2014, 07:07 AM   #24
Tiger8
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtech42 View Post
I guess that's the Apple twist . I agree with you though, I actually **missed** some elements (where the hell did 'x' go?) because of what you described.

I think someone is going to ask me to call a doctor, but Microsoft Windows Metro UI internal apps are not bad. Now it's confusing as hell as it sometimes sends you back to classic windows desktop, but the new metro settings apps, mail apps, etc... are not bad, they are flat and well designed with good color palette.

Microsoft even uses color as an element in design; so for example, most important text is white against darker background, but other things are not as prominent. For example, the login screen asks me to input my password using white color text, but below there's a gray line of text telling me that my tablet will restart in 2 days to apply updates.

I've been cheating on my iPad with a Dell Venture 8 Pro
Tiger8 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 08:32 AM   #25
Reason077
macrumors 65816

It STILL sucks!

It's still much slower at loading data than the web version. And it still fails to remember my password between sessions, meaning that overall its far quicker to just go into safari and access iTunes connect via the regular web interface.

Why can't Apple get this app right?
Reason077 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion