Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newbuyer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
any idea what's wrong with my ipad:
i haven't used my ipad (I) for more than a year, now when it is connected to wall charger, it flashes the apple logo when you press the home button. if you keep pressing the" connect to tunes' screen appears. once you remove it from the wall charger to connect it the mac USB it goes blank "black screen".

while connected to the USB (i ve left it over night) no apple logo appears when you press the home button, just black screen. (i ve noticed infrequent flickering on the screen but that is all) of course itunes doesn't recognize it.

Is it the battery or sofware issue that needs restore in recovery mode. the problem i cannot get in the recovery mode as it goes dead once you remove it from the charger.

I just want to make sure it is not software issue before sending it for battery replacement.

hungx

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2012
Davis, CA
I don't think it's a battery issue since nothing happens when you keep it plugged in. Have you tried putting the iPad in DFU mode?

mostafiz.666

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2014
I can do nothing when I disconnected from wall charger, just like dead. while connected in wall, pressing home and sleep button leads to message connect itunes. But when take out usb from adapter it turns off so itunes can not recognize ipad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.