Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

After Apple released OS X 10.9.3 yesterday, some users started experiencing a bug that hid their /Users folder. It appears that Apple has released a small iTunes update, numbered 11.2.1, to combat the bug. MacRumors forum member IzzyJG99 notes:

1121.png
An update just popped up for me. iTunes 11.2.1 in the App Store. When it was done installing it had a little pop up about iPhoto Library. Now the User folder is showing up again.
Users can update to iTunes 11.2.1 via the updates tab in the Mac App Store or through OS X's "Software Update" drop-down menu.

Article Link: Apple Releases 11.2.1 iTunes Update to Fix Hidden '/Users' Folder Bug

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
I've noticed iTunes 11.2 has caused numerous issues on our HTPC Mac Mini, Synology Server, 2013 Mac Pro, and 2011 27" iMac. After the update, all of our iTunes libraries (set to keep iTunes Media folder organized and copy files to iTunes Media folder...) shuffled our media, renaming movies, placing movies and music in the wrong folders, etc. I had to manually go through each folder and check the file name, determine if it matched the poster/image, rename it, create its folder, move it, and repeat. Took me ~2 hours with 500+ movies, even longer on my Synology server. Re-adding the iTunes Media folder didn't correct the issue, nor rebooting, etc.

Permissions and access never changed. I don't know what Apple did but iTunes 11.2 has been a major f up.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
That didn't take long. Should have never happened in the first place. For most of us that use the hidden folders, this is no big deal. We know how to find them quick enough.

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
You are signed in with a different Apple ID than previously used with Podcasts. Do you want to sync these podcast subscriptions and stations with “XXXX@CVB.net”?

If you choose to sync then these podcasts and stations will be merged with any that have been syncing on other devices or computers.

Ever since I upgraded 11.2.1, this pops up every single time I use iTunes even though I am signed in with the same Apple ID for iTunes I've used for 10 years. Anybody getting this or have a clue how to fix it? I've tried signing out and signing back in with no improvement.

Rad99004

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2009
Hope the unresponsive iTunes store problem fix that they found will be also done for iOS 7. Having the same issues, can only hope its the same thing.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
FCP X was the only thing this little bug caused an issue with, as it kept my Favorites list from working in the import menu. This fix, well, fixed it, lol. Good on Apple for pushing this fix so quickly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.