Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macgoblin7950

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2013
Hi Guys,
I have the cd's for Diablo 1 and warcraft II but theyre mac/pc disks. I want to make a winewrapper for them but I need to have a windows only disk. Does anyone have any idea on how I can make a windows only copy of the disk?

I have tried going to windows and making an iso of the disk but that copied it exactly so on the mac side its still seen as a mac disk/iso.

jruschme

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2011
Brick, NJ
You probably just need to go to a Windows system and copy all the installation files (i.e., the contents of the CD), rather than the entire CD.

jruschme

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2011
Brick, NJ
For Warcraft II, I'd probably convert the CD to a bin/cue pair to use with DosBox (or Boxer).

For Diablo 1, I would think you could burn the Windows files to another CD for installation. Does Diablo 1 even go back to the CD after installation? (BTW, good luck with D1 under Wine. It seems like one has to jump through a few hoops to make it work.)

macgoblin7950

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2013
For Warcraft II, I'd probably convert the CD to a bin/cue pair to use with DosBox (or Boxer).

For Diablo 1, I would think you could burn the Windows files to another CD for installation. Does Diablo 1 even go back to the CD after installation? (BTW, good luck with D1 under Wine. It seems like one has to jump through a few hoops to make it work.)

I got them to work.
Diablo does go back to the cd after install.
I was using the warcraft 2 battle.net edition so dosbox would not work.

There is an issue with diablo 1 menus though. They simply do not work. If you blindly go through them though you can get into the game and that works perfectly.

I will post steps of what I did later.

Madd the Sane

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
Utah
If you wish to use the command line, there is a utility that you can use to mount the DOS/Windows part of a hybrid CD. I think it's called 9660fs or something similar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.