Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrjosh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
Hi all,
I know if you go to an Apple store and buy a time capsule at the same time as a computer, the time capsule is covered under Apple Care (if Apple Care is purchased). Is this true if you buy from a 3rd party such as B&H photo?

Thanks

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Hi all,
I know if you go to an Apple store and buy a time capsule at the same time as a computer, the time capsule is covered under Apple Care (if Apple Care is purchased). Is this true if you buy from a 3rd party such as B&H photo?

Thanks

You have to register it with apple as an associated product. So I don't see why not. I bought my TC a month before my iMac due to black Friday and the release of the new machine, and I still have them on the same applecare for the iMac.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Hi all,

Thanks

You have to register it with apple as an associated product. So I don't see why not. I bought my TC a month before my iMac due to black Friday and the release of the new machine, and I still have them on the same applecare for the iMac.

AppleCare for Mac covers an AirPort base station purchased up to two years before the purchase of the Mac.

mrjosh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
Thanks for the replies. Some decent deals at B&H photo, so I may end up getting a rMBP. Want to wait to see what happens on June 2.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Hi all,

Thanks

Yes, it's fine. You don't need to register anything; if the TC ever needs service they'll just look up your Mac's APP and verify that it's in effect and that the registered purchase date of the TC is no earlier than 2 years prior to the purchase of the Mac. Hang onto your B&H invoice for Date of Purchase proof, though you likely won't even need that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.