Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chemnerd1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2014
Hello,

Info:
Laptop: 2014 Macbook Pro running Bootcamp (dual boot...not a VM) with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Network Adapter: Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter
Driver version: 6.30.223.215

Issue: My broadcom 802.11ac wireless adapter becomes permanently disabled when waking from sleep mode. It requires a restart in order to become enabled. If I try to manually re-enable it, I get a message saying "Enabling..." -> "Enabled!" but after this message the device still says Disabled and the wireless still won't connect to anything. This issue is very reproducible. Occurs both under battery power and when plugged in.

What have I tried?: Tried disabling the "Allow windows to disable this device to save power" under power management, which didn't work. Tried updating driver but Windows Update says the driver is up to date. I was able to find a newer version (6.30.223.227) but I can only find it hosted on Russian websites which makes me a little suspicious.

chemnerd1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2014
Hello Henk,

I just got the laptop last week so everything is the latest version. Bootcamp version is 5.1 (I repaired using 5.1.5640 just to make sure). I also tried to uninstall the Broadcom Driver and re-install the latest bootcamp Broadcom driver but it didn't fix anything. What I did find is that if I choose hibernate instead of sleep then the Broadcom network adaptor will return, but ideally I would like to be able to use sleep so that the computer returns faster.

I think my next course of action will be to start rolling back Broadcom drivers and see if an earlier version works better.

chemnerd1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2014
Does anyone know where I can download older driver versions for the Broadcom 802.11ac network adaptor?

chemnerd1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2014
OK so I just solved my problem. It turned out it was being caused by my Zone Alarm Pro Firewall. I re-booted into safe mode, uninstalled the firewall, restarted and now the network adaptor works fine coming out of sleep. I installed Comodo Firewall and the network adaptor is still working like it should.

On a side note, I also use Avast Antivirus. I uninstalled that first (before the firewall) and the network adaptor was still not re-enabling so Avast was not an issue. I have since re-installed Avast with the Comodo firewall and everything is running fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.