Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 10, 2010
日本
Only relevant for non-Mac folder with GPU setup: over in [H] is a post indicating a statement from the GPU developer proteneer that Core 17 will very soon be out of beta and released to public. Good chance to remove the beta flag config and reduce the chance of getting faulty WU.

Last edited:

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 10, 2010
日本
Not a rumor anymore ... A happy fact ... :D
http://folding.stanford.edu/home/changes-in-core17-update-and-move-to-full-fah/

One quick favor: please remove the beta flag if your are not member of beta team. Simple reason: everyone with beta flag get beta units which sometimes leaves not enough beta work for beta tester.

But now with core 17 fully released there should be enough points for everyone :D

Last edited:

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 10, 2010
日本
CureCoin ...

... The "holy grail" ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330685.0

this crypto money try to link folding effort with mining. A good idea in principle; though some question still open ... Basically its a joined effort:
The folder guys folding, the coin guys mining and some developer putting the glue around. Income is split 45/45/10. And what does it mean for established teams like ours ... Will everyone jump ship and fold for coins ?

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
... The "holy grail" ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330685.0

this crypto money try to link folding effort with mining. A good idea in principle; though some question still open ... Basically its a joined effort:
The folder guys folding, the coin guys mining and some developer putting the glue around. Income is split 45/45/10. And what does it mean for established teams like ours ... Will everyone jump ship and fold for coins ?

thanks for sharing. i guess if Stanford backs this, most would at least consider it. i personally like how folding has been going so far, and not sure if this would be the best change.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 10, 2010
日本
thanks for sharing. i guess if Stanford backs this, most would at least consider it. i personally like how folding has been going so far, and not sure if this would be the best change.

I also have mixed feeling ... It can attract more folder but also more trouble. Today it's simple: it's donation we are willing to contribute. Not a job. On the other side: power bill ...

Last edited:

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 10, 2010
日本
Sorry for setting team 3446 around 120kPoints short :eek: shame on me, but I was young and needed the money ;)

I folded 5 WU on CureCoin team, and got 0,(lots zero)7 units of some crypto money. Just wonder what now ? I want to understand but I don't ... I'm old :(

Louis Wu

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2011
Toronto
Sorry for setting team 3446 around 120kPoints short :eek: shame on me, but I was young and needed the money ;)

I folded 5 WU on CureCoin team, and got 0,(lots zero)7 units of some crypto money. Just wonder what now ? I want to understand but I don't ... I'm old :(

that's OK -- we were all young (once) and we all need the money (still) :D

let us know how that works out...

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 10, 2010
日本
Just in case you missed it: CureCoin went live a week ago and require to join their team. You see them rolling up in the team stats. Just behind us:

image.jpg

Looks like gold rush in Klondike. Sure, I also tried some run with them for learning but I still dislike the concept of forcing people out of their home teams.

I really hope eventually for a team neutral setup, disappointed with current setup.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.