Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Saint.Icon

macrumors regular
May 11, 2014
I'm hoping for an updated 4" iPhone. I'd really like to see Apple keep that size around.

I'm sure the 4.7" iPhone 6 (if it actually comes out) will be nice, and feature some good improvements - but having had 4.5" and 4.7" Android phones before, they just feel bulky to me.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
I'm hoping for an updated 4" iPhone. I'd really like to see Apple keep that size around.

I'm sure the 4.7" iPhone 6 (if it actually comes out) will be nice, and feature some good improvements - but having had 4.5" and 4.7" Android phones before, they just feel bulky to me.

Ditto this. I held the S4 and S4 mini in the Best Buy Samsung area and preferred the mini in terms of size. Much closer to my iPhone 5. But I prefer iOS to android.

If Verizon starts lowering bills for phones that have expired contracts, then I have no reason to upgrade. My 5 is still in good shape and should run iOS 8 just fine unless Apple does something to cripple it. I don't expect that until iOS 9 though.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
I'm getting a 6. Most likely bigger screen (hopefully not over 4.7), camera improvements are likely, better use of touch ID, and hopefully band 12 support for better coverage. Lte A would be nice but not a deal breaker. Maybe beats audio of some kind as well.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Let's just say I hope there is more to the iPhone 6 than a tweaked iOS 7, health book, dedicated iTunes radio app and 4.7" screen.

radiologyman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
Well, I want a bigger screen as I read a lot on my iPhone. For me it's an excitement as I held on getting bigger smartphones for several years, waiting for the one that can run ios.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
I really miss swype and global sound EQ that I got used to over years of android use. I'm pretty sure if those two things aren't added I'll have to go back to android - probably a Motorola phone.

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
Is anyone NOT excited about the 6?

I'm awaiting the iPhone 6 with great anticipation, but I'm relatively new to the iPhone and smart phones in general. iPhone 5 is my first iPhone.

Many expect a "blah" product, so I hope this means that Apple will take the opportunity to surprise us.

rajpatel

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2013
I am quite excited because I have liked these handheld elegant sleek apple products like the iPod touch 5th generation which I bought a month after it came out. It was light blue and beautiful. And sleeker than my iPhone 5 which I also love and which apple gave me new a few wks ago when my previous 5 quit workin unless plugged in. Anyway, my 5 has always made up for my sadness at pawning my trusty little light blue touch 5 and being unable to get it out . Or just decided not to cuz carrying a Samsung crappy flip phone and an itouch both was a bit tedious and I had an idea what could fix dat.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
It's these kind of questions that make me realize that the whole " No question is a dumb question" thing is just not true. Yes I'm excited. Welcome to the apple forums full of people who like apple and the new products.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
I'm interested in seeing what it has to offer because I like technology, but I don't plan on upgrading my 5s for 2 or 3 years. So, no, I wouldn't say that I'm particularly excited.

akdj

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
62.88°N/-151.28°W
The i5 and 5S were a letdown really, but the i6 with a much larger screen and more RAM will be the biggest change to iPhones in years. I'm quite excited about it, unless the aesthetics are bad.

That's an interesting take and certainly a valid opinion. It's cool how we're all different as I feel exactly the opposite as you. To me, the 5/5s transition from, the '4/4s' was significant. I'm enjoying the 5s that for the first time since the original...I won't be buying one 'from the line';). That's me. I've been 'that guy' since the original transition to the 3G. I learned my online ordering lesson and from there forward waited in line for each iPhone release. iPad as well. Met some great friends and put together (still to be finished, I'm thinking this fall) a small documentary about ...'the line'. Anyway, the 5s if far and away my favorite phone I've owned and as a 43 year old, I've owned many. I also own (for our business specifically) a Note 3. I really like it. But for many different reasons ...it's amazing and I enjoy both OS'es. That said, as an owner of several large, 'phablet' size phones including an S3 that was traded within the month for the original Note, I'm MUCH happier carrying, using and 'pocketing' a 4" phone than a larger one. My business of 21 years requires carrying a laptop and iPad so the Note lives in my carry bag, not my pockets. It's too big. I know, it's the extreme but 4.5"+ if the home button in its physical size & dimensions as it is IMHO will be too large. There's just a difference, to me, on what I use for what. During the day...while working or even running errands, mowing the yard or coaching little league, the iPhone is perfect. Setting and sketching rigging points, flight notes and some conditional off airport information and diagramming as well as the client's ability to 'see' their receipt, sign with a stylus on my Next Register and immediately receive a text and email of the receipt reigns supreme on the larger note. That said, both can be done on an iPad or iPhone and if mandated to choose I'm sticking with iOS simply for its applications and software. For productivity and creativity it's second to none and it's integration and aggregation with my Macs, iPads and iPhones is invaluable and 'science fiction' just a decade ago;)

Didn't mean to go on but I think the 'biggest change in year's was iOS 7, the A7/64bit silicon move on the 5s and unparalleled photographic and motion capture ability and 'smarts'. As Samsung has proven, anyone can make a large phone but you nailed it. Aesthetically pleasing and ergonomically user friendliness to the user is paramount. Something, minus the MotoX, that has eluded 4.5"+ phone OEM designers to date. If Apple can do it without risking that 'pocketability' and single handed operation, they'll have a winner. To appease the whiners just by going larger isn't 'Apple-like'. Keep in mind, the 5s was the fastest, largest and most sold phone...or ANY electronic device in history within 3 and six months since release. That's pretty awesome (if we use the deductive reasoning with 5c sales and decreased production, 'gold' iPhone sales' delays) for a cell phone. I'm not sold Apple's going to a abandon the 4" form factor. I believe they'll make a larger phone but like the iPhone 5s/rMini/Air I believe they'll give them the same 'guts' so you don't sacrifice power or storage caps by deciding on the smaller version. Perhaps battery life will be extended in the 4.7", just as the 11/13" MBAs.

K. I'm done. Sorry, truly am. I didn't want to come across as a dick but this is exactly why choice is good for all of us, as is competition. It would be cool to see LG, Sony, HTC, and the Windows' lines start picking up stream. While I love my Apple products, and I do enjoy my Note...just two competitors with viable capital would kinda suck

All the rumors are so far pointing towards a rather underwhelming product. Or the phone itself might be nice (if they get rid of the damn bezels), but iOS is becoming such a stagnated blast from the past that I'm seriously considering abandoning ship.

Have you tried iOS 7? Have you downloaded any apps? Tired the 'Play Store' yet? I have. Your smartphone isn't meant to enjoy the OS. Rather its offerings as far as apps, software, communication and sharing ...media, creativity and productivity. iOS 7 rocks! As an Android owner with KitKat I can assure you it wasn't a HUGE leap in significance ...other than a couple of challenges, most improvements were more refinements and bug cleansing. Nothing groundbreaking for sure. Grass isn't always greener. Especially if you leave your springboard and play a game, listen to music, edit a picture or a movie, make a song or write/read a book ...edit a spreadsheet or pretend you are when you're actually reading the latest edition of Sports .illustrated.

I always upgrade every year but my excitement decreases each year for Apple. I've only owned one iPhone (5s) and the wow factor faded pretty quick after 2 weeks of ownership. The problem was not the hardware; it was the OS. Felt like I was limited in what I could do especially if you compare it to Android. So while I know the iPhone 6 hardware will be fine I just can't get pass the idea of owning a iOS device.
Don't get me wrong; I'm excited because I'm a hardware geek but I'm not excited about owning one. Just don't think I could live without sideloading apps without hacking my phone plus many other reasons too many to list here.
I visit here because I'm a gadget geek; not as a blind fanboi.

You'll find Macrumors to be populated by a lot of intelligent and passionate 'technology' fans. Not many 'fanbois' (is that really how you/or the right way/spell it? I've always gotten it wrong;)). A lot of open minded peeps with knowledge in both sides. Previous, current or ambidextrous users of iOS and Android, Windows and OSx, Ubuntu or Chrome. Though 'gadget geek' is kinda cool...I consider myself the same, 'hardware geek' is different. Significantly. And if you TRULY are, you'll be incredibly excited to 'find out' what's in the pipeline on iOS. We're sporting 64bit chips today. Outperforming current generation snapdragon chips in many areas and still passing them up in many. Our 'old' GPU silicon is still holding it own natively and off screen. Benchmarks in the CPU are off the charts and Qualcomm is working 25 hours a day, eight days a week right now. While Apple increased the speed of the RAM, quadrupled the 'on SoC' memory buffer on the A7...& increased graphic performance from 50-400% in some instances! Imagine what's next. ESPECIALLY as a self proclaimed 'hardware geek'! More, faster 64bit performance and headroom. A new generation Imagine graphical power...most likely a RAM bump...with power management when idle. Whether or not the DDR 4 is here and ready, we'll see. I notice the difference between my Air and iPad 4 as well as my wife's 5 and my 5s. The smoothness of the A7 devices (she's got the retina mini) is incredible. To me, as an Android owner...I'm with ya, after two weeks I was tired of 'sideloading apps, hacking and too many reasons to list here...' Actually I didn't side load apps. No reason. Nothing I've found compelling enough without a safe (& well reviewed, respected developer) alternative in the Play Store. Not sure what 'hacking' means. I assume you're talking about rooting, right? Are you employed? Wife? Kids? Mortgage? College? High school? Or still in JrHigh/MidSchool? Doesn't matter. All are cool. I'm old. I'd love to be young again;). I get it if you're in elementary school, junior high. Even high school or college if you're studying coding, app development, computer programming, networking or mobile comm engineering. Even as a hobby but dude...lots of us have to work. I'm excited to get three two hour nights a week coaching baseball. A couple hours a week doing homework. Making dinner or cleaning it up. The LAST thing I've got time for is hacking my phone. Side loading apps is dangerous. If you're THAT intent though, the jailbreak community is live, well and arguably a LOT more safe, sturdy and trustworthy than 90% of And S/L's. I've owned a dozen Android devices including an original Xoom that's still kickin. I'm not sure we're not close to the end of the 'excitement' factor as this is one area I'll agree with you. I won't be in line. But I'll buy one. I'll buy another Android within a year. We've got two dozen employees, 17 of which are supplied phones so I'm able to upgrade when I want as there's someone to pass along to. As, like you, I'm a gadget geek and I suppose a hardware geek if I face the truth. Unfortunately I've no time to so what you're talking about. Hence my query. Your age, responsibilities and whether or not you're in a similar position (married WITH mortgage, kids, n cars;)). I need the secret! Independently wealthy would ROCK! Lol. Fortunately I work in my field of choice and passion and dread the day I've got to work for a living...when 18 hours days are enjoyable, you've got the right gig;)

I feel like it's going to be just like the iPhone 4s on iOS 5. Small software improvements, and even smaller hardware improvements. Wait that was the 5s

Another completely off base comment. 4s was a MASSIVE update internally. Double the speed computationally. Double the RAM. Better camera, optics and sensor with a higher megapixel count and phenomenal shots, 1080p capture, for its day second to none for a smart phone. Still an incredibly powerful and viable phone today...nearly three years later. To call the 5s update insignificant is...well, never mind. Call the folks at Intel, Qualcomm, Samsung and other silicon manufacturers. Ask THEM what kind of update the A7 was to the world, the ENTIRE industry over the iPhone 5's incredibly sweet and still excellent A6 32bit processor going on two years old and still keeping pace, in some cases beating the competition...and in all, still holding a top 5 benchmarking slot. That's awesome for a two year old phone. Sell your 5 for your 6 upgrade this year and get $250-450 locally pending the storage and condition. Try selling your Galaxy S3;) (not implying you own one, just another benefit to owning iOS). The comparisons you made are literally the exact opposite when you look at actual 'sales'. By volume, each transition you mentioned sold, what...maybe five to ten billion more units in the first thee months Than its predecessor? Neither is bad. The '#' release is, or has been a design change and typically a nice performance bump. The '#s' model in the same form factor historically boasting an incredible speed increase, optical improvement, Siri, machine gun shooting or dual tone flash, 64bit processing and faster RAMw/4mb on die buffering, new GPU and slow motion 720p120fps shooting. Lots of fun, kinda useful stuff. Fingerprint scanning saves me several minutes a day aggregated. Used to enter four digits constantly. 7.1's update has literally made it instantaneous and almost 100% 'hit rate'. Not bad for an 's' update. I'll say it for a third time. Just become a fly on the wall in Qualcomm's board room and engineering departments ;)

Already being on an iPhone 5s I find myself less excited then I would be. The A8 chip can truly only offer more battery life. The speed of the 5s is already excellent.

I'm not so concerned with a bigger screen. What I want is longer battery life and more RAM. If I get that with the 6 I will finally use my upgrade.

'Finally?' How did you get the 5s? It's 8 months old;). I'm with ya though. It's hard to explain how 'right' Apple got the 5s. While I enjoyed and had very few complaints with each iteration previously ...the 5s is really the pinnacle of smartphone technology. I'm long forward to additional RAM as you mentioned. Battery life is always welcome ...my wish though, true 4k shooting @ 24/30 FPS. 60 would be awesome but we'll need 128GB storage with that size of file. Even the 24/30's are gonna be four times the size if they keep the same compression algorithm. They've refined this perfect (IMHO, ymmv) 8mp sensor to date. The sweet slit for this 'size' sensor. Open that aperture to 1.8. 8mp is 4k (+a 100 or two thousand) as we're quadrupling the size of 1080p (2k). This would negate the need for optical stabilization as you could write a code to use 4k shooting in 1080p capture and 'crop' the wiggle out. All the while downsampling to 1080p resolution for playback and editing with the 'option' to keep the RAW wobble shot for self correction in your NLE. I think that would be my big wish. As quick as the camera shoots, the A7's power is evident (as in GarageBand/DAW with multitracking more that a half dozen tracks...the A7 glides to 32! My A6x iPad 4 starts to have challenges with 8-10) and the A8 should build seriously on the 64bit platform opening a MASSIVE world in development and end user experience and 'ability' to continue powerful creation, productivity and energy...battery savings. These little guys are sooo much faster, with more software (apps) available than just a decade ago's computers that were plugged into the wall! Moore's Law is now mobile! Kinda cool to see just how far they'll be able to take it (they meaning ALL mobile OEMs. Competition=Great for us!)

I really miss swype and global sound EQ that I got used to over years of android use. I'm pretty sure if those two things aren't added I'll have to go back to android - probably a Motorola phone.

Jailbreak. There's also a pretty good app, Path Input Swipe keyboard. It's good. That said, I'm quicker with my thumb on iPhone than Swype on my Note. I like Android's option to change the keyboards and launchers. But I'm usually using the stock keyboard and predictive text (amazing) on the Note. Just used to it now and I'd love to see Apple open up a bit with their safari engine, keyboard and browser options, as well as lock screen customization. I'm not a big Widget user but customizing that home screen to avoid opening the phone and app for the information vs being able to put what 'you need' on that launch screen would be most excellent

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
A lot of people would probably say that about when the 5 was going to come out and replace the 4S. Bigger screen, faster processor. I suppose LTE for a lot of carriers.

I'm not that excited for the 6 with all the hype about bigger screens. I like the size my 5 is currently. I don't like the bigger phones, and a 5s or worse, 5c is little to no upgrade for me. The 5c has grown on me, but it's not an upgrade at all.

The 64 bit chip is very noticeable difernce that I can see on my 5s vs my 5

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
The 64 bit chip is very noticeable difernce that I can see on my 5s vs my 5

I haven't used a 5s since I'm not eligible for an upgrade yet. Speed isn't a huge thing for me when LTE in my area and my wifi are both fast enough. The A6 chip is very capable. I was referring to the 5c and 5s since those may be the only 4" options come September. If so, there's no reason for me to upgrade if those are my options. The 5c especially since it's basically the same as the 5.

starzilla

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2014
Anaheim Ca
iPHONE 6

:DNot at all..i just got the 5s and now that all the bugs are out i love it even better than i loved my 4s..i always wait a year..let them work out all the bugs

zipa

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2010
Have you tried iOS 7? Have you downloaded any apps? Tired the 'Play Store' yet? I have. Your smartphone isn't meant to enjoy the OS. Rather its offerings as far as apps, software, communication and sharing ...media, creativity and productivity. iOS 7 rocks!

Yes, I have. To me, iOS is the biggest hindrance to proper productivity. Everything has to be done in an app. If i want to quickly check mail, appointments, news and social feeds, I'm jumping to and from between easily more than a half-a-dozen apps.

A nice big screen with good widgets/live tiles tells me all that, or at least whether or not I need to look deeper into something, with just one quick glance. Heck, even the "Today"-dropdown would be just fine if I could customize it to show what I need.

Then there's the problem with multitasking and side-by-side apps, which I would really, really like to have, and while we're at it, copy then S-Pen from the Note as well.

Basically, what I want is the Galaxy Note or something similar to that, and based on the rumors I'm getting nothing of the sort, so yeah, forgive me for not feeling the rush on this one.

EDIT: As for apps in general, I'm using the following aside from basic email, browser, calendar and the likes:
- Social media, FB, Instagram, ...
- Office + OneNote + Onedrive
- Some games
- Youtube, Netflix
- Google Play music, Spotify, SoundHound
- Some guitar apps, mainly a tuner
- Ditto for piano
- Kindle
- News and weather
- Mobile banking apps
- Google Maps and a local terrain mapping app
- Cor.kz for Cellartracker and some other wine-related apps
- Some random cooking apps, mainly recipe collections

I can get those on any platform, so there is no advantage to me in having a billion of apps in the app store that I'll never use. And I also like the fact how some Android apps actually have a phablet-optimized UI. It seems to me that the scaling to different devices and screen sizes are done much better on Android.

Last edited:

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
That's an interesting take and certainly a valid opinion. It's cool how we're all different as I feel exactly the opposite as you. To me, the 5/5s transition from, the '4/4s' was significant. I'm enjoying the 5s that for the first time since the original...I won't be buying one 'from the line';). That's me. I've been 'that guy' since the original transition to the 3G. I learned my online ordering lesson and from there forward waited in line for each iPhone release. iPad as well. Met some great friends and put together (still to be finished, I'm thinking this fall) a small documentary about ...'the line'. Anyway, the 5s if far and away my favorite phone I've owned and as a 43 year old, I've owned many. I also own (for our business specifically) a Note 3. I really like it. But for many different reasons ...it's amazing and I enjoy both OS'es. That said, as an owner of several large, 'phablet' size phones including an S3 that was traded within the month for the original Note, I'm MUCH happier carrying, using and 'pocketing' a 4" phone than a larger one. My business of 21 years requires carrying a laptop and iPad so the Note lives in my carry bag, not my pockets. It's too big. I know, it's the extreme but 4.5"+ if the home button in its physical size & dimensions as it is IMHO will be too large. There's just a difference, to me, on what I use for what. During the day...while working or even running errands, mowing the yard or coaching little league, the iPhone is perfect. Setting and sketching rigging points, flight notes and some conditional off airport information and diagramming as well as the client's ability to 'see' their receipt, sign with a stylus on my Next Register and immediately receive a text and email of the receipt reigns supreme on the larger note. That said, both can be done on an iPad or iPhone and if mandated to choose I'm sticking with iOS simply for its applications and software. For productivity and creativity it's second to none and it's integration and aggregation with my Macs, iPads and iPhones is invaluable and 'science fiction' just a decade ago;)

Didn't mean to go on but I think the 'biggest change in year's was iOS 7, the A7/64bit silicon move on the 5s and unparalleled photographic and motion capture ability and 'smarts'. As Samsung has proven, anyone can make a large phone but you nailed it. Aesthetically pleasing and ergonomically user friendliness to the user is paramount. Something, minus the MotoX, that has eluded 4.5"+ phone OEM designers to date. If Apple can do it without risking that 'pocketability' and single handed operation, they'll have a winner. To appease the whiners just by going larger isn't 'Apple-like'. Keep in mind, the 5s was the fastest, largest and most sold phone...or ANY electronic device in history within 3 and six months since release. That's pretty awesome (if we use the deductive reasoning with 5c sales and decreased production, 'gold' iPhone sales' delays) for a cell phone. I'm not sold Apple's going to a abandon the 4" form factor. I believe they'll make a larger phone but like the iPhone 5s/rMini/Air I believe they'll give them the same 'guts' so you don't sacrifice power or storage caps by deciding on the smaller version. Perhaps battery life will be extended in the 4.7", just as the 11/13" MBAs.

K. I'm done. Sorry, truly am. I didn't want to come across as a dick but this is exactly why choice is good for all of us, as is competition. It would be cool to see LG, Sony, HTC, and the Windows' lines start picking up stream. While I love my Apple products, and I do enjoy my Note...just two competitors with viable capital would kinda suck

Have you tried iOS 7? Have you downloaded any apps? Tired the 'Play Store' yet? I have. Your smartphone isn't meant to enjoy the OS. Rather its offerings as far as apps, software, communication and sharing ...media, creativity and productivity. iOS 7 rocks! As an Android owner with KitKat I can assure you it wasn't a HUGE leap in significance ...other than a couple of challenges, most improvements were more refinements and bug cleansing. Nothing groundbreaking for sure. Grass isn't always greener. Especially if you leave your springboard and play a game, listen to music, edit a picture or a movie, make a song or write/read a book ...edit a spreadsheet or pretend you are when you're actually reading the latest edition of Sports .illustrated.

You'll find Macrumors to be populated by a lot of intelligent and passionate 'technology' fans. Not many 'fanbois' (is that really how you/or the right way/spell it? I've always gotten it wrong;)). A lot of open minded peeps with knowledge in both sides. Previous, current or ambidextrous users of iOS and Android, Windows and OSx, Ubuntu or Chrome. Though 'gadget geek' is kinda cool...I consider myself the same, 'hardware geek' is different. Significantly. And if you TRULY are, you'll be incredibly excited to 'find out' what's in the pipeline on iOS. We're sporting 64bit chips today. Outperforming current generation snapdragon chips in many areas and still passing them up in many. Our 'old' GPU silicon is still holding it own natively and off screen. Benchmarks in the CPU are off the charts and Qualcomm is working 25 hours a day, eight days a week right now. While Apple increased the speed of the RAM, quadrupled the 'on SoC' memory buffer on the A7...& increased graphic performance from 50-400% in some instances! Imagine what's next. ESPECIALLY as a self proclaimed 'hardware geek'! More, faster 64bit performance and headroom. A new generation Imagine graphical power...most likely a RAM bump...with power management when idle. Whether or not the DDR 4 is here and ready, we'll see. I notice the difference between my Air and iPad 4 as well as my wife's 5 and my 5s. The smoothness of the A7 devices (she's got the retina mini) is incredible. To me, as an Android owner...I'm with ya, after two weeks I was tired of 'sideloading apps, hacking and too many reasons to list here...' Actually I didn't side load apps. No reason. Nothing I've found compelling enough without a safe (& well reviewed, respected developer) alternative in the Play Store. Not sure what 'hacking' means. I assume you're talking about rooting, right? Are you employed? Wife? Kids? Mortgage? College? High school? Or still in JrHigh/MidSchool? Doesn't matter. All are cool. I'm old. I'd love to be young again;). I get it if you're in elementary school, junior high. Even high school or college if you're studying coding, app development, computer programming, networking or mobile comm engineering. Even as a hobby but dude...lots of us have to work. I'm excited to get three two hour nights a week coaching baseball. A couple hours a week doing homework. Making dinner or cleaning it up. The LAST thing I've got time for is hacking my phone. Side loading apps is dangerous. If you're THAT intent though, the jailbreak community is live, well and arguably a LOT more safe, sturdy and trustworthy than 90% of And S/L's. I've owned a dozen Android devices including an original Xoom that's still kickin. I'm not sure we're not close to the end of the 'excitement' factor as this is one area I'll agree with you. I won't be in line. But I'll buy one. I'll buy another Android within a year. We've got two dozen employees, 17 of which are supplied phones so I'm able to upgrade when I want as there's someone to pass along to. As, like you, I'm a gadget geek and I suppose a hardware geek if I face the truth. Unfortunately I've no time to so what you're talking about. Hence my query. Your age, responsibilities and whether or not you're in a similar position (married WITH mortgage, kids, n cars;)). I need the secret! Independently wealthy would ROCK! Lol. Fortunately I work in my field of choice and passion and dread the day I've got to work for a living...when 18 hours days are enjoyable, you've got the right gig;)

Another completely off base comment. 4s was a MASSIVE update internally. Double the speed computationally. Double the RAM. Better camera, optics and sensor with a higher megapixel count and phenomenal shots, 1080p capture, for its day second to none for a smart phone. Still an incredibly powerful and viable phone today...nearly three years later. To call the 5s update insignificant is...well, never mind. Call the folks at Intel, Qualcomm, Samsung and other silicon manufacturers. Ask THEM what kind of update the A7 was to the world, the ENTIRE industry over the iPhone 5's incredibly sweet and still excellent A6 32bit processor going on two years old and still keeping pace, in some cases beating the competition...and in all, still holding a top 5 benchmarking slot. That's awesome for a two year old phone. Sell your 5 for your 6 upgrade this year and get $250-450 locally pending the storage and condition. Try selling your Galaxy S3;) (not implying you own one, just another benefit to owning iOS). The comparisons you made are literally the exact opposite when you look at actual 'sales'. By volume, each transition you mentioned sold, what...maybe five to ten billion more units in the first thee months Than its predecessor? Neither is bad. The '#' release is, or has been a design change and typically a nice performance bump. The '#s' model in the same form factor historically boasting an incredible speed increase, optical improvement, Siri, machine gun shooting or dual tone flash, 64bit processing and faster RAMw/4mb on die buffering, new GPU and slow motion 720p120fps shooting. Lots of fun, kinda useful stuff. Fingerprint scanning saves me several minutes a day aggregated. Used to enter four digits constantly. 7.1's update has literally made it instantaneous and almost 100% 'hit rate'. Not bad for an 's' update. I'll say it for a third time. Just become a fly on the wall in Qualcomm's board room and engineering departments ;)

'Finally?' How did you get the 5s? It's 8 months old;). I'm with ya though. It's hard to explain how 'right' Apple got the 5s. While I enjoyed and had very few complaints with each iteration previously ...the 5s is really the pinnacle of smartphone technology. I'm long forward to additional RAM as you mentioned. Battery life is always welcome ...my wish though, true 4k shooting @ 24/30 FPS. 60 would be awesome but we'll need 128GB storage with that size of file. Even the 24/30's are gonna be four times the size if they keep the same compression algorithm. They've refined this perfect (IMHO, ymmv) 8mp sensor to date. The sweet slit for this 'size' sensor. Open that aperture to 1.8. 8mp is 4k (+a 100 or two thousand) as we're quadrupling the size of 1080p (2k). This would negate the need for optical stabilization as you could write a code to use 4k shooting in 1080p capture and 'crop' the wiggle out. All the while downsampling to 1080p resolution for playback and editing with the 'option' to keep the RAW wobble shot for self correction in your NLE. I think that would be my big wish. As quick as the camera shoots, the A7's power is evident (as in GarageBand/DAW with multitracking more that a half dozen tracks...the A7 glides to 32! My A6x iPad 4 starts to have challenges with 8-10) and the A8 should build seriously on the 64bit platform opening a MASSIVE world in development and end user experience and 'ability' to continue powerful creation, productivity and energy...battery savings. These little guys are sooo much faster, with more software (apps) available than just a decade ago's computers that were plugged into the wall! Moore's Law is now mobile! Kinda cool to see just how far they'll be able to take it (they meaning ALL mobile OEMs. Competition=Great for us!)

Jailbreak. There's also a pretty good app, Path Input Swipe keyboard. It's good. That said, I'm quicker with my thumb on iPhone than Swype on my Note. I like Android's option to change the keyboards and launchers. But I'm usually using the stock keyboard and predictive text (amazing) on the Note. Just used to it now and I'd love to see Apple open up a bit with their safari engine, keyboard and browser options, as well as lock screen customization. I'm not a big Widget user but customizing that home screen to avoid opening the phone and app for the information vs being able to put what 'you need' on that launch screen would be most excellent

How d'ya mean? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.