Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
UK
When I sign in to iCloud on a new computer or install, two old mail accounts appear in the System Preference/Internet Accounts pane. They were closed long ago and not been used.

When I click the minus button to delete them, I get a message saying:

"Do you want to to remove the Mail Account "xxxx@yyyy.co.uk" from all your computers using iCloud Keychain? This will remove it from this Mac, MBP-2010, MBP-2011, MBP-6 and more"

I click the option to "Remove All" and they are deleted.

But next time I sign in to iCloud on a new computer or partition they are back, and I have to delete them again.

Some of the computers on the list are also dead and gone.

When I dispose of a computer I am careful to uncheck "Find my Mac" and sign out of iCloud before wiping it. If I go to iCloud now and do "Show all Devices", the old computers are not there.

I can't find any trace of the old accounts in Keychain Access.

Is there anyway I can see and edit what is in my iCloud account? I have not been able to find one.

Not a huge issue as I don't set up a new computer or partition every day, but it has been going on for a couple of years and I would like to resolve!

Thanks

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
What people are discovering if you set up MIl the way you want then close Mail. Then go to System Prerences->iCloud pane and uncheckmark the box for Mail keeping data on you Mac. Then open Mail again and verify it is they way you want. Then go back into the System Prerences pane for iCloud and recheckmark the Mail pane replacing data on iCloud.

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
UK
What people are discovering if you set up MIl the way you want then close Mail. Then go to System Prerences->iCloud pane and uncheckmark the box for Mail keeping data on you Mac. Then open Mail again and verify it is they way you want. Then go back into the System Prerences pane for iCloud and recheckmark the Mail pane replacing data on iCloud.

Thanks for that.

I can't see an option in the iCloud pref pane "to uncheck the box for Mail keeping data on your mac"....can you help?

Thanks

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.