Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jthompson666

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2011
Apple really needs to add an easy way to run public app betas! Perhaps the developer could put their beta on the App Store and be issued with an ID code which members of the public can input in the same area as where you redeem an iTunes voucher - when you put the code in, a warning is displayed and then the beta is downloaded. The app could expire when the beta period is finished.

thisrocks

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Yay Apple, thanks.

Also, once again EA and Firemonkey's are screwing us Aussies that develop and build their game out of credits. I really can't believe that the IAPs are still as high as they are for this game. They must be making some serious coin.

Jynto

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2012
Nottingham, UK
Great, another way to get people addicted to those stupid games where you have to pay to win.

If you get one of those coupon codes, the best thing you can do is throw it away and never use it. Trust me, you'll save money in the long run.

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
Why is that?

There are six iOS devices on my iCloud account. Four of them belong to an 11-year-old or a 5-year-old. They are able to download free apps only. In addition, I can't stand apps that constantly hit me up with IAP. I delete them. If you want to have a paid and a free version, so be it. I don't want an app to keep asking to tell my friends on Facebook and I don't want to buy more whatever inside the app.

Yakibomb

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2014
Cape Town
While i'm sure this will be a great feature for many users, i'm still keeping my finger crossed for some sort of a way to preview/test apps before purchase

trsblader

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2011
I'm happy to see this.

Also not sure why such the hate towards freemium apps. For me, it's much better than buying a game for $60 on ps3/4 xbox 360/one and then having to buy maps, cars, clothes, guns, ammo, etc. for $10 a pop every couple months. In both cases, if you want it, buy it, if you don't want it, you can still beat the game without it. Must just be bad because it's Apple doing it. Or maybe people just upset they can't buy a full game for 99 cents anymore.

KanosWRX

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
Who cares, won't play any games with in app purchases like they have now. EA killed Real Racing 3 when they went Pay 2 Win :( I'll gladly give my money to good games that sell at one rate for everything like XCom, Final Fantasy games, or any others like that. Pay 2 Win needs to die, but it won't, the dark ages of gaming are here.

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
Why can't I still not gift an app to my Dutch friend?
I live in Germany, we both have Euros as currency, the app is priced the same in both countries and of cause available in both as well.

This is ridiculous.

Glassed Silver:mac

MacLC

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2013
they should make all apps free...that would be freemium...not inapp crap.

Yes because developers' time is free. :rolleyes: Their education was free. :rolleyes: Their training was free. :rolleyes: Their raison d'etre is to take a vow of poverty to satisfy your entertainment lust. :rolleyes:

I could never understand why somebody who could afford a $2000 computer, or now a $600 tablet, could not afford to pay $1 for a song or $10 for a decent game. :confused:

I reminisce about the times of working to buy my own computer while in high school, and working to save up to by SC2KURK or Myth or Heroes of Might&Magic. $40 for games that inflation-adjusted would be $60+ now. Yet people whine about having to pay $5 for a full game on iPad? Roll up your sleeves, get a job, and enjoy the game that you worked for, that you earned. Thank you, and you will thank me for this advice later.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
Yes because developers' time is free. :rolleyes: Their education was free. :rolleyes: Their training was free. :rolleyes: Their raison d'etre is to take a vow of poverty to satisfy your entertainment lust. :rolleyes:

I could never understand why somebody who could afford a $2000 computer, or now a $600 tablet, could not afford to pay $1 for a song or $10 for a decent game. :confused:

I reminisce about the times of working to buy my own computer while in high school, and working to save up to by SC2KURK or Myth or Heroes of Might&Magic. $40 for games that inflation-adjusted would be $60+ now. Yet people whine about having to pay $5 for a full game on iPad? Roll up your sleeves, get a job, and enjoy the game that you worked for, that you earned. Thank you, and you will thank me for this advice later.

Don't get me wrong I could afford lot of stuff but it's the principle:rolleyes:

macuserpl

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
Szczecin, Poland
I'm a developer and it doesn't work for me. I've generated 3 codes for my free app (with IAP :D), but I didn't have a chance to choose what they were going to be for...

Arndroid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2013
Sometimes I just wish I could still purchase a full game and be done with it instead of being nickled and dimed for every little upgrade option. I am perfectly capable of slowly beating a game by winning and progressing through levels without having to pay.

Yeah was much better when we could pay $50 for a game upfront and one out of ten of them did not suck. We only spent $500 per good game then.

Now with this newfangled ability to not pay any money to games you don't enjoy, pick and choose how and when you spend your money and on what games we really are being screwed.

We would all be much better off if all mobile games were 25 dollars with no refunds! Get off my lawn

----------

Why is that?

Perhaps he previously had ambien fueled in app spending sprees that put his mortgage payment in jeopardy?

Just one possibility.

Arndroid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2013
Great, another way to get people addicted to those stupid games where you have to pay to win.

If you get one of those coupon codes, the best thing you can do is throw it away and never use it. Trust me, you'll save money in the long run.

Lots of freemium games are not pay to win.

----------

I'm happy to see this.

Also not sure why such the hate towards freemium apps. For me, it's much better than buying a game for $60 on ps3/4 xbox 360/one and then having to buy maps, cars, clothes, guns, ammo, etc. for $10 a pop every couple months. In both cases, if you want it, buy it, if you don't want it, you can still beat the game without it. Must just be bad because it's Apple doing it. Or maybe people just upset they can't buy a full game for 99 cents anymore.

I think the later is the issue. When people say they just want it pay once for a game they mean 99 cents. Not an actual price that supports a quality game culture. I would much rather be able to pick and choose what I pay for versus paying $15-$25. I don't pay any money to pay to win titles.

andrewgaeland

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2014
found sth similar

Hi, I was actually looking for something like that for my game, but not just for IAP, for any content. I ended up using a service called Trophit, do u know it? Works well on android too. BTW you don't need an SDK for it which is cool :)

andrewgaeland

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2014
nothing new...

Hey just saw your reply. Nah, no news... I'm still using trophit for doing this. but actually I think it's better cuz it also works for android..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.