Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eva Thyssen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2014
Santiago, Chile.
So, we had a meeting at work, one hour ago. A workmate brought a special type of cookies: lengüitas de gato[/i] (tiny cat tongues).
I have a cat, and my troll imagination converted the cookies in ACTUAL cat tongues.
I started to laugh like possessed. That was sooooooo awkward. I went to the bathroom and kept laughing there. I couldn't help it! I'm still laughing :D

'Oh, those Mac users... :apple: they laugh at ridiculous stuff.'

Have you had laughter attacks like mine?

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
So, we had a meeting at work, one hour ago. A workmate brought a special type of cookies: lengüitas de gato[/i] (tiny cat tongues).
I have a cat, and my troll imagination converted the cookies in ACTUAL cat tongues.
I started to laugh like possessed. That was sooooooo awkward. I went to the bathroom and kept laughing there. I couldn't help it! I'm still laughing :D

Wait..there's a relationship between the manufacturer of your computer and laughter!?:eek::confused:

Eva Thyssen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2014
Santiago, Chile.
Wait..there's a relationship between the manufacturer of your computer and laughter!?:eek::confused:
I'm just kidding. It's an irony ;)
It's about the Mac users are *insert word here* stereotype. I brought my Mac to my workplace, so my workmates know I have a Mac.

Last edited:

Eva Thyssen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2014
Santiago, Chile.
Yay, I recovered. BTW, I still laugh when I see Christian, the guy who brought the cookies. My sweet imagination, oh sweet imagination and its laughter triggers.

For those of you wondering what are the lengüitas de gato...
lenguas-de-gato-cookies-baked.jpg

:D

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest
Interesting.

I never thought that Lady Fingers were actually made out of women's fingers, and I doubt that Girl Scout Cookies contain more than the tiniest trace amounts of actual girl scout.

Sadly, I did recently discover that (English) steak and kidney pudding is actually pretty accurately named, while conversely, toad in the hole is blessedly amphibian-free.

Its a real tragedy when I have to consult Wikipedia before sitting down to eat.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
From your link, place this part of it "92I04DkMEps" inside [youtube] tags.

Recently re-watched all episodes of MTM show. Damn, that was one funny show and cast.

YouTube: video

I remember that, who she would not laugh at all until the funeral - that was a great episode.

OP, we've all had those situations where we start giggling, though I don't know if its because I'm a mac user. I don't think my computer selection has anything to do with my humor.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA

It's embarrassing, I'll agree. But laughter is such great medicine!

I was headed home one Friday evening on a packed commuter flight. Center seat. It had been a stressful week. Usually I chill out and listen to music, but that day I decided to listen to a Billy Connolly CD (Scottish comedian, disarmingly funny). Big mistake.

I sat there, silently convulsing in laughter and shaking the entire row of seats while my seat-mates furtively glanced sideways to check I wasn't having a medical emergency. There were tears too. Mine. It was all supremely embarrassing.

I had to press Stop after 10 mins. Unfortunately, replaying the punch lines in my head kept setting me off again. All the way home. I left my earbuds in so my neighbors wouldn't think I was completely bonkers. :)

Ever since, I've avoided listening to Billy Connolly in public.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
I doubt that Girl Scout Cookies contain more than the tiniest trace amounts of actual girl scout.

Yeah, they don’t have to report anything under 1%.

There’s a girl when haven’t seen in my little girl’s troop since the beginning of the year ... assuming she’s being prepped for next years Thin Mints.

Eva Thyssen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2014
Santiago, Chile.
It's embarrassing, I'll agree. But laughter is such great medicine!

I was headed home one Friday evening on a packed commuter flight. Center seat. It had been a stressful week. Usually I chill out and listen to music, but that day I decided to listen to a Billy Connolly CD (Scottish comedian, disarmingly funny). Big mistake.

I sat there, silently convulsing in laughter and shaking the entire row of seats while my seat-mates furtively glanced sideways to check I wasn't having a medical emergency. There were tears too. Mine. It was all supremely embarrassing.

I had to press Stop after 10 mins. Unfortunately, replaying the punch lines in my head kept setting me off again. All the way home. I left my earbuds in so my neighbors wouldn't think I was completely bonkers. :)

Ever since, I've avoided listening to Billy Connolly in public.
I laughed in front of MY BOSS... :(

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Careful, we are all showing our age now. Yeah, MTM show was one of the funniest on TV at the time. Now that I have seen that clip I will be chuckling all day.

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
Are you 5? How did you find those cookies remotely funny? :confused:

Go back to your cube and do some work.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Relax, friend. It'll be okay.

No need to put them down because they found something funny.

I agree.

Years ago, (well, alright, a few decades ago), as an undergrad, sitting in the university cafeteria, I found myself helpless with laughter while reading the Doonesbury strip (it was the time Ronald Reagan was president and that actual piece concerned a visit the then President had made to Germany).

I laughed so hard a few other coffee drinkers solicitously approached me to ask was I was fine, and whether I needed assistance...

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Mary, is that you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92I04DkMEps

(can someone tell me how to embed a youtube video?)

From your link, place this part of it "92I04DkMEps" inside [youtube] tags.

Recently re-watched all episodes of MTM show. Damn, that was one funny show and cast.

YouTube: video

Yep, just insert the video ID inside the youtube tags, no need to cut-n-paste the entire address. The ID is always the case-sensitive and alphanumeric blurb after the "v=" in the YouTube address/link.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.