Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aledander

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2014
Hi guys,

as I have seen on this thread you are all very busy in repairing Apple hardware, so hopefully you can give me a hint on repairing a MacBook Pro 2.53 15" logicboard.

The board had a slight liquid damage and the TPS51125 was dead.
After replacing the part, the main voltages seemed to be up again - expect the CPU Core voltage.

After some measurements, it seems that ALL_SYS_PWRGD is not 3.3V as it should, because all critical voltages are available. I checked the S5 and S0 rails 2-3 times and they are definitively well.

Usually it should be very easy to determine which power management component is faulty, but Apple did not include these very handy "debug" resistors to open the circuit on particular positions. (please refer to the attached picture)

Now my question: Is there any way to determine the faulty element in the chain of the PWRGD signal lane?

Hopefully there's another way then desoldering any of the PMU chips to find the broken part... :rolleyes:

Thanks
Alex

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 144
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.