Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
I'am having trouble setting up my Xbox 360 controller receiver under Parallels 9. I used the generic drivers that come with Windows 7 but for some reason the receiver and controller never sync up. Used to work OK IN Windows 7 UNDER Bootcamp.

EDIT: I had to download the Xbox360 Controller Device driver, all OK now.

Last edited:

smoketetsu

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2008
Whenever I wanted it to work with parallels I had to go to the menus for parallels and go to the one that lists different devices and go under USB and choose the wireless adaptor device for parallels to capture it for exclusive use. I haven't had parallels installed in months though so I don't remember exactly the menu structure though.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Whenever I wanted it to work with parallels I had to go to the menus for parallels and go to the one that lists different devices and go under USB and choose the wireless adaptor device for parallels to capture it for exclusive use. I haven't had parallels installed in months though so I don't remember exactly the menu structure though.

Yea I did that, but still no go.

All sorted now, I had to download the Xbox360 Controller Device driver, all OK now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.