Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i1280

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Not sure if anyone can help me. I sold my iphone 4 with ios6 installed. The person I sold it to is trying to update and sent me the following messages:

Hey buddy.I received iPhone and physically it is in great shape.it will not update.There are errors in the softener and phone.is stuck on iTunes.Radio shack has it and it's gone to their manager to try to fix software.if they cannot fix it,will u please send me another iPhone in the same shape

Why radioshack...I have no idea...

They said the error code coming up is 90006.during IOS 7 upgrade,it will not get past iTunes.phone is froze on iTunes with a pi sure of a charger and a circle with itunes

Anyone have any idea how to help get through the error? Thanks in advance...

i1280

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
That's pretty much what I did and sent it to him...thanks for the response Braddick. Just making sure it was something common and there wasn't an easier fix out there. Thanks again.

i1280

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Updating To ios7 - ERROR CODE 9006

I never had jailbreak installed. Sent it to the guy clean and at the "iPhone" screen in IOS6. He is trying to update into IOS7 and now he's saying the whole phone is frozen...are you suggesting that maybe he tried to jailbreak it and screwed it up?

I'm not quite sure what this guy did tongue phone...

----------

Anyone know that if this guy put his info into the phone and started the update and it froze, can I take the phone back and have the Apple Store look at it or will they not be able to do anything because his info is in it?

Last edited:

Nyy8

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2011
New England
I never had jailbreak installed. Sent it to the guy clean and at the "iPhone" screen in IOS6. He is trying to update into IOS7 and now he's saying the whole phone is frozen...are you suggesting that maybe he tried to jailbreak it and screwed it up?

I'm not quite sure what this guy did tongue phone...

----------

Anyone know that if this guy put his info into the phone and started the update and it froze, can I take the phone back and have the Apple Store look at it or will they not be able to do anything because his info is in it?

I don't think it's your problem anymore... you sold him a working phone. You did your part of the deal. If he needs help, he can bring it to an Apple Store.

i1280

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Updating To ios7 - ERROR CODE 9006

I called eBay and they pretty much said the same thing...

Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.