Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
LOL, this thread sure has elevated to a very adult conversation, although my feelings are the OP meant for it to be this way based on his OP, and the fact that he hasn't even bothered to come back to clarify.

Apple.of.my.I

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Texas
Naked iPad airs...

I ended up using bodyguardz on the front and back. The back provides a nice grip.

----------

It's crazy to see that the majority of people who own iPads have cases on them. I was one those people. I had it out in the wild yesterday and someone asked me if it was a phone.. Pretty funny.

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
My wife and I decided to go naked with our ipad airs and couldn't be happier. We've always had our iPads in some sort of case since we first started using iPads. It's very liberating and now the experience is way better.

I also go naked with my iPad sometimes. Though oddly no one else in my family wants to borrow my iPad after it's been on my lap for a while. :eek:

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I'm naked all the time with my iPad in one hand...

Why do you think I have the 128GB model ;)

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012
I can't do it. I'd love to, but I can't. Chalk it up to a dent on an iPad 2 a while back. So now I just go with a smart cover for the glass and a Caudabe Shell for the back. It doesn't feel naked, but it's probably as close as I personally can get to naked.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Thoroughly enjoy my naked iPad 4, at home but if I leave the house with it then I'm slapping its case on, no way will I ever take the risk of taking it out of the house without its case.

Atrin1

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2012
Dallas
I ended up using bodyguardz on the front and back. The back provides a nice grip.

i also have a back skin on my ipad air and i love the extra grip you get.

I use my air with a cover. i usually snap it off when i'm in bed or on the couch and snap it back on when i carry it somewhere

love it

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
My wife and I decided to go naked with our ipad airs and couldn't be happier. We've always had our iPads in some sort of case since we first started using iPads. It's very liberating and now the experience is way better.

I have a poetic style slim case for my Mini and I find no difference between using it and a naked iPad.

Mooseiah

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2014
San Diego, CA
I bought Applecare+ for peace of mind, and use it with just a smart cover to prop it up when need be, and it's easy to ditch if I don't. Never seen the point in getting the latest and greatest thin technology, just to put it into a bulky case.

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I'd like to use it naked as well, but the back is far too slippery to hold without taking a chance on dropping it, and at close to a grand for my 128gb LTE Ipad its not worth taking a chance

bnekic

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I also love using my rMini naked so I bought this Incase City sleeve to protect it while not in use.

jagunu6y.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.