Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
couldn't you just purposely dismantle, smash, or kill an activation locked iPhone, and then take it in and have it replaced for 269? i just don't get it. maybe things have changed, but about 6 months ago, my friend sold me his grandpas iPhone 5 that had been dropped into a pool. i had it laying around, and i got really mad one night, and threw it 26 times at a concrete floor. i took it to the apple store the next week with half the logic board missing, and the digitizer pulverized. they said "okay, it will be 269 for a replacement". i mean that seems like an easier solution than trying to hack apples servers...

howthegodschill

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2012
Rivet City
They'll have you log into iCloud.com and remotely turn off the Find My iPhone/Activation Lock function. If you can't do that, then no new phone.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
The energy it takes to come up with schemes to defraud Apple might be better spent in coming up with a game plan to simply earn the extra income required to purchase an iPhone legit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.