Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vicness

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2014
South Africa
Is there a way to have downloads resuming while doing other stuff on the iPad? I am currently downloading a game which is taking a while, so do I need to be on that game to finish downloading it? Thanks

Vicness

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2014
South Africa
Yes, it is updating though, but when I go back into the game, it starts downloading from where I left it

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
Yes, it is updating though, but when I go back into the game, it starts downloading from where I left it

If it's an update downloading within the app (rather than an app downloading directly from the App store), you may very well need to have the app running for the download to happen. App developers have the prerogative to keep downloads going for some time after the app is closed, but it appears this one isn't taking advantage of that capability.

Vicness

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2014
South Africa
Ok, great! Will leave it open until its finished, sucks a bit though, as its quite a big download. Thanks! Im new to apple, so still have a lot to learn! Lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.