Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gman901

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
Houston, TX
I just got a refurbished. MBA 11" and I consider myself a responsible user and somewhat familiar with OSX. I hear from my tech programs I should create a limited user account and just use that. I already started using my admin login and installed a variety of programs that I use. Should I create another limited user account and use it for security or am I normally okay sticking with my admin account?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I just got a refurbished. MBA 11" and I consider myself a responsible user and somewhat familiar with OSX. I hear from my tech programs I should create a limited user account and just use that. I already started using my admin login and installed a variety of programs that I use. Should I create another limited user account and use it for security or am I normally okay sticking with my admin account?
Yes, you're perfectly fine running with your admin account. There is no real-world benefit in running a standard account, as long as you exercise common sense when doing things like installing software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.