Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Neat! And a Woz Edition nonetheless!

He didn't picture the paperwork... :confused:

I would think it's worth around $1,000 in today's Economy...

Last I checked IIGS's were plentiful (I had gotten one for FREE with monitor and drives a while back to save it from the trash, and I got a complete system all CIB for around $150 shipped).

rshanahan

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2007
North East, MD
Nice, It sold but at a best offer (2499 buy it now price). Wonder how much it went for. Seems very high in my opinion.

I had one of the 1st ones delivered/sold back then. I worked part time at a local Apple dealer and they limited each store to only 4 units, there was a waiting list and unfortunately I was #5. One of the 4 backed out and I went home with on Day 1 with my own Woz edition.

Unfortunately, it will have the original graphics chip/processor which had issues with the high res mode. Hopefully he can find one but for that money I'd assume it's going to be a 'show piece'. He can get a 'normal' IIGS for way less if he wants to use it.

Abandoned (sold) my Woz in 1991 and went PC for about 16 fun but frustrating years, then re-joined the family in 2007.

Today I enjoy IIgs games on my mac w/emulation. By far, Zany Golf is my favorite!

jerwin

Suspended
Jun 13, 2015
Found this if anyone is interested:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/302781602744
ah, nothing says "authenticity" like a GS with a composite monitor.

This one's hilarious.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-IIGS...196068?hash=item2a9cacca24:g:GAgAAOSwlpZaWwKr

A green screen. 2 5.25" floppy drives. (not planning on running much GS software?)

(My family's GS was upgraded from a IIe. For a time, it was connected to an Slot 4 Mouse, until War in Middle Earth complained. We had a green screen and a composite color monitor, but composite color was so very painful to use with a dithered 640x200 display, and we installed a Sony RGB monitor some time later) As I recall, Mom balked at Dad's original idea, which was an Amiga. Not enough room, iirc.

The ultimate IIGS was a rom 3 machine, with a transwarp, all 8 megs of memory, and possibly an internal scsi drive. Plus a stereo card.

The Woz machines have the earliest, buggiest ROM...

Last edited:

hunter.s

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2018
ah, nothing says "authenticity" like a GS with a composite monitor.

This one's hilarious.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-IIGS...196068?hash=item2a9cacca24:g:GAgAAOSwlpZaWwKr

A green screen. 2 5.25" floppy drives. (not planning on running much GS software?)

(My family's GS was upgraded from a IIe. For a time, it was connected to an Slot 4 Mouse, until War in Middle Earth complained. We had a green screen and a composite color monitor, but composite color was so very painful to use with a dithered 640x200 display, and we installed a Sony RGB monitor ome time later) As I recall, Mom balked at Dad's original idea, which was an Amiga. Not enough room, iirc.

The ultimate IIGS was a rom 3 machine, with a transwarp, all 8 megs of memory, and possibly an internal scsi drive. Plus a stereo card.

The Woz machines have the earliest, buggiest ROM...

Nice. Sound like nice machines back in the day. I haven't seen any besides the link I posted with the letter from Woz and certificate of authenticity. Does that value seem like a good deal?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.