Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ituneslogo.jpg
Apple today released iTunes 11.2.2, a minor update to the software that fixes a podcast bug that caused podcast episodes to unexpectedly download after an upgrade. It also includes several stability improvements.
This update fixes a problem where certain podcast episodes may download unexpectedly after upgrading and includes several stability improvements.
This is the third update to iTunes to be released within the last two weeks. iTunes 11.2, which added enhanced Podcasts support, was released on May 15 and iTunes 11.2.1, which fixed a hidden /Users folder bug introduced with iTunes 11.2 was released the day after.

iTunes 11.2.2 can be downloaded using the software update tool in the Mac App Store.

Article Link: Apple Releases iTunes 11.2.2 With Podcast Bug Fix

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Three updates in two weeks?

Is Apple becoming Microsoft? I can understand the need for patches and updates, but someone's not testing things properly if we get that many updates in such a short time frame.

monokitty

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2011
Is Apple becoming Microsoft? I can understand the need for patches and updates, but someone's not testing things properly if we get that many updates in such a short time frame.

I don't think we should care about the quanitity of patches being released, but more so that bugs and other issues are being addressed fairly quickly. Yes, even if they should have been addressed originally and not later.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I don't do podcasts like I use to. I wonder how the podcast usage is doing, since the other rumors seem to suggest that music downloads is waning.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Hope this applies to TV shows too. If I play an episode from a season in iCloud, it automatically tries to download all the episodes in that season. Annoying bug.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
I don't do podcasts like I use to. I wonder how the podcast usage is doing, since the other rumors seem to suggest that music downloads is waning.

Music isn't waning, specifically paying for tracks and albums is waning, relative to streaming. Since podcasts are free for the most part, if they are waning it's likely not for the same reasons.

WaxedJacket

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
The podcast app on iOS has been requiring me to use cellular data on episodes downloaded via WIFI. Not sure why it needs cellular turned on.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
I don't think we should care about the quanitity of patches being released, but more so that bugs and other issues are being addressed fairly quickly. Yes, even if they should have been addressed originally and not later.

How about the bug with Apple TV where Netflix Dolby Digital no longer works? Seems like Apple for some reason is not patching that bug at all, they did patch last update but the same glitch is back and Dolby Digital is gone.:(

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan

I certainly think so. This month we've had several updates some of which require restarting. It's getting bothersome.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Will it sync podcast plays and positions between multiple macs and iOS devices, or will I continue to have vastly different playcounts.

Yeah, I have the same problem. Sync is on, it is kind of working, but not very well, it's always been really erratic. I have an iPhone, an iPad, a MacBook Air, an iMac, and an Apple TV all on the same iCloud account and it's rare that my podcast list and play head within each podcast matches up perfectly on any of them.

man3ster

macrumors member
May 12, 2009
Wow

:mad: My iTunes crashed 3 minutes after being open. I have 10.9.3, and iTunes 11.2.2. That is bad news. So much for the so called "stability" improvements.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011

My...oh my..aren't you being so nice...

----------

OS X 10.9.4 and iTunes 11.2.2 in one day!

Love an update day! :D

you mean 10.9.3.

sevendave

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2014
Anybody elses quick search thing messed up now?

Before 11.2.1 if I typed in, for example, Led Zeppelin (or just led or whatever), it would scroll down to where Led Zeppelin are and open their first sorted album.

When I say typed in, I mean not in the search bar, just in the main window, no albums open or anything.

Post 11.2.1, I type in Led Zeppelin (or just led again), it scrolls down to Rage Against The Machine. If I scroll up then the first Led Zeppelin album is open.

This is on album view by the way, and it's extremely irritating.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Have been getting beach balls for almost every operation (especially ID3 editing) since 11.2. Hope these stability improvements are for us with massive libraries.

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
Has anybody found a way to delete a podcast from a playlist and get it removed from the library to the trash at the same time? I was able to use Option-Delete to achieve this, but that does not work anymore. The podcast gets deleted from the playlist, but stays in the library.

Regular songs can still be deleted from Library by Option-Delete in a playlist, so this new behavior is only for Podcasts.

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
Good but when I chat with someone from Netflix they said it was Apples fault not them, I swear this companies never like to admit who ****ed up.

Because we all know that when we talk to tech support from a huge company, we are certainly talking to a programmer who is deeply involved with the project who help customers while their code is compiling or when they have nothing better to do.

/s

----------

you mean 10.9.3.

Check the front page.

frenetic

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2004
Amsterdam
Does anybody know if this solves the massive memory leak when your podcasts would be downloading while playing one? It caused my computer to completely lock up, and having to close all apps. Problem is that I cannot 100% reproduce it, so I don't know if this update fixed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.