Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
My bluetooth connection with Magic Mouse occasionally freeze. I could get it back only if I restart computer. Is this Mavericks issue or hardware?

Freezes or disconnects? This happens to me also where my Magic Mouse disconnects but reconnects after I power down the mouse sometimes happens to the keyboard but not as much as the mouse seems like a Bluetooth issue with Mavericks.

sprezz

macrumors regular
May 28, 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
Perhaps an update for a new upcoming product, surely 10.9.3 was for all existing products and immediately launching ones at WWDC... New retina 12 inch mba?

Alenore

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2013
whats wrong with iOS 7.1.1 thats driving the urgent desire for iOS 8.0? it's a year old already and i want something new, plus it has some bugs still.
If you want less bugs, you should welcome this update instead of wanting a next major version that will probably add more bugs.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Uggg! No thank you!

I think they may have learnt a lot from iOS 7 and the overhaul won't be anywhere near as drastic.

A flatter UI without sacrificing productivity would be most welcome from me. I don't want change for the sake of it with reduced functionality.

----------

Not gonna lie, miss going up to .x.8 or even .x.11.. it just feels so.... I dunno. Bleh.

I don't feel like I got my money's worth. I paid zero American Dollars for this OS, I expect updates till at least 10.9.5.

----------

I'm not sure... I think you may have.... I don't think you followed Apple's train of thought on that one... ;)

I think its safe to say that Mavericks will reach 10.9.5 before OS X 10.10 is released.

fpmarin

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2014
Magic Mouse doesn't work with Mavericks

[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Apple today seeded the first build of OS X 10.9.4 to developers, approximately two weeks after releasing OS X 10.9.3 to the public. The new beta is available thorugh the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store should be listed soon in the Mac Dev Center.

It is unclear what improvements the 10.9.4 update will bring to Mavericks, but it is likely to include bug fixes and stability enhancements. It is also unclear when the beta might be released to the public.

The last Mavericks update, 10.9.3, added enhanced support for 4K displays and restored the ability to sync contacts and calendars between Mac and iOS devices over USB.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 Beta to Developers

I hope they solved the Magic Mouse problems with Mavericks: The cursor doesn't move any more.

kingtj

macrumors 68030
Oct 23, 2003
Brunswick, MD
Yep, and more ....

IMO, 10.9.3 was one of the worst OS X updates in recent memory with all of the problems it caused.

Not only did it break support for more than 2 displays on new Mac Pro systems (and as I understand it, also for 15" Retina Macbook Pro 2013 users who tried to add 2 or 3 external displays while using the built in LCD), but it also caused rendering issues in Adobe Premiere Pro for nMP users and broke Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve.

One of my co-workers claims 10.9.3 broke some NFS connectivity on his system (though I can't say I've seen that reported elsewhere), and another co-worker claims his Macbook Pro's wi-fi stopped working properly ever since the 10.9.3 update. (That machine has been sitting at the Apple store in Chicago for 2 weeks now and while they can easily duplicate the problem, they can't explain it. I believe the wireless card has already been swapped out.) Apparently, it works for a little while and just suddenly drops out, requiring a reboot to get it going again.

This is a fix for those of us that have the new mac pro and cannot view more than 2 monitors at a time caused by 10.9.3.

mikaella

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2008
London
IMO, 10.9.3 was one of the worst OS X updates in recent memory with all of the problems it caused.

Not only did it break support for more than 2 displays on new Mac Pro systems (and as I understand it, also for 15" Retina Macbook Pro 2013 users who tried to add 2 or 3 external displays while using the built in LCD), but it also caused rendering issues in Adobe Premiere Pro for nMP users and broke Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve.

One of my co-workers claims 10.9.3 broke some NFS connectivity on his system (though I can't say I've seen that reported elsewhere), and another co-worker claims his Macbook Pro's wi-fi stopped working properly ever since the 10.9.3 update. (That machine has been sitting at the Apple store in Chicago for 2 weeks now and while they can easily duplicate the problem, they can't explain it. I believe the wireless card has already been swapped out.) Apparently, it works for a little while and just suddenly drops out, requiring a reboot to get it going again.

Since 10.9.3 final realease I can confirm I'm having issues never experienced before on my rMBP 15" late 2013.

After waking from sleep, wifi is still connected but the actual internet connection drops and restarts randomly. Manually turning wifi off and on again fixes this until the next sleep.

Odd thing is... this didn't happen on any 10.9.3 beta...

Now I'm gonna wait for a while before installing any new updates.

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
Hope they finally fix the clock on log-in screen after wake, the bug's been there since 10.9 beta days and still carries through with 10.9.3. :cool:

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
LOL! You mean ready to show off at WWDC not ready for the public yet no way I would download if it was available now with who knows what kind of glitches:D

If OS X 10.10 (whatever it is called) is anything like mavericks beta 1, I would download it in an instant, because it had almost no glitches (not in my experience anyway)

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
Please fix the slow Finder :(

Watching a Finder window in column view slowly display its contents properly makes my SSD seem like a 4200 rpm HDD :eek:

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
If you want less bugs, you should welcome this update instead of wanting a next major version that will probably add more bugs.

hmmm, i dont agree with you on that ... iOS 6.1.X was incredibly stable and was the final product of all previous versions.

chirpie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2010
whats wrong with iOS 7.1.1 thats driving the urgent desire for iOS 8.0? it's a year old already and i want something new, plus it has some bugs still.

Hey now, iOS 7 isn't a year old for another 4 months. Let's not jump the gun. :p

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
After installing this and restarting, I was asked to sign-in to iCloud again (just like you do when you install the OS). Thought it was a bit strange.

Suspended
Sep 16, 2013
Yes, down with progress! Full STOP I say! :rolleyes:
progress and having good taste are completely different things. things can be new and look terrible at the same time. if you update something just for the sake of it WITHOUT addressing a NEED or weakness in the old design you are more likely to come up with sometime worse, especially if you leave software design/UI to someone who is used to working in a shop with physical objects and not human interface norms set by decades of research and convention

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.