Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TimWillz

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2013
United Kingdom
So it's finally been confirmed... Still not quite sure why they needed them so badly to pay $3B but I am fairly excited to see the new products/services that may come from this.

JobsGang

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2013
Lmao

Heads exploding all over macrumors.Dre. Chilling with Tim Cook.:eek:haha love it.

OS X Dude

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
UK
So, Dre isn't really a billionaire like he said in his now infamous video, then? Another article on this site suggests he'll cop for $750m from this deal through his stake in the company, and I find it hard to believe he's presently worth the additional $250m.

OK, he'll never have money worries - but still, false advertising! :p

razbiz

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2013
Easy

Easy easy. Forget about the Beats products. $3 billion is a rounding error for teaming up with the guy in music industry negotiations. I see what you did there Cook et al.

Patience guys. Patience. They know what they're doing.

Now, connect our homes Monday, and people will see how you "cracked the TV"...which was never about the TV per se.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
Dre made the best deal of his life, Apple one of their worst.

You don't know what you're talking about. You don't know what apple plans to do with the company or talent they acquired or what potential future products they have access to. You don't like their headphones so it's a bad deal for apple? They know what they are doing.

Jakexb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2014
From crap earbuds to crap headphones.

I don't know... the earpods i got with my 5s sound better than any packaged earbuds I've ever heard. You've got to spend at least $100 to get something better.

wlossw

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2012
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Interesting picture is of tim cook and eddy cue... Clearly these guys will be working with eddy on services... Notice the absence of Johnny Ive? Here's hoping these guys stay far away from product design.

AlabamaSlammer

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2012
Alabama
now starting at the low price of $499.99

Attachments

• Apple-and-Beats.jpg
    Apple-and-Beats.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,180

omenatarhuri

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2010
Yo!

Honestly, I would have liked to have seen them go with something a bit more classy for HiFi, like Sennheiser or B&W or whatever. But I reckon there were other factors like getting these two onboard and whatever Beats Music is doing.

Ryth

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2011
I just don't understand what they mean to gain from this.

I think the majority of it is to get Iovine in there to really bring the music deals into Apple. Not sure why they needed the rest of BEATS but I trust Apple and their vision. They haven't proved us wrong yet.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
I, for one, am pretty excited about this.

If you read up on your Apple history, you'd know that Iovine has helped Apple a lot and has had influence in the company since the introduction of iTunes. Plus he's a really big name in the music industry and that will certainly benefit Apple.

People on these forums like to bitch. They have no idea what this acquisition means but they are certain it's a bad one. This is good for apple and will give apple a major player in music/tv negotiations.

AppleInLVX

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2010
Is it me, or is that picture *really* weird. Must be the wide angle or something but Tim Cook's head looks too small for his regular body and x-large shoulder, and Eddie Cue's shirt is two sizes too small.

/photographer
//can't help it

solace

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2006
So, Dre isn't really a billionaire like he said in his now infamous video, then? Another article on this site suggests he'll cop for $750m from this deal through his stake in the company, and I find it hard to believe he's presently worth the additional $250m.

OK, he'll never have money worries - but still, false advertising! :p

he never actually claimed he was... that was Tyrese

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.