Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

mavericksimac-250x151.jpg
Notable Apple journalist Jim Dalrymple -- known for his "Yep" and "Nope" confirmations on Apple rumors -- today indicated that Apple will not be introducing a new iMac or a lower-capacity 8GB iPhone at Monday's Worldwide Developers Conference.

Dalrymple's most recent "Nope" is in response to a report from KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who suggested earlier today that Apple would debut both hardware products at WWDC. According to Kuo, Apple had plans to launch an 8GB iPhone designed for emerging markets and a lower-cost iMac.

While an iMac update might not be imminent, there have been a few hints that a refresh is in the works for a later date, including a reference to new iMac models in the OS X 10.9.4 beta released to developers today.

It remains unclear whether the eventual iMac update will include a price drop, but it is not out of the question given the $100 price cut on the recently updated MacBook Airs.

Article Link: Apple Will Not Debut New iMac, 8GB iPhone 5s at WWDC

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
i wish they would have asked him about an iWatch rather than an 8GB iPhone 5S.

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
With the Beats acquisition a done deal, I am sure this was part of their Plan B keynote that is now dead and buried in a cubical inside Infinite Loop One.

Time for Dre and company to take stage of Moscone West for the kickoff and the inevitable Dr. Dre house party at a venue near Moscone at a real warehouse south of Market. It'll be the geekiest show Dre ever spun.

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
I think he was saying there's not going to be a low-cost iMac, but there is still a possibility of updated iMacs.

The post he said nope to specifically said cheaper iMac.

Señor

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2013
United States
I think he was saying there's not going to be a low-cost iMac, but there is still a possibility of updated iMacs.

If this were the case, the title would be "Apple Will Not Debut Lower-Cost iMac, 8GB iPhone 5s at WWDC, however Costlier iMac Models Expected Instead".

macs4nw

macrumors 601
In this case Jim Dalrymple's assertion seems to make more sense, if for no other reason than with all the current expectations for the keynote, there sure seems to be an awful lot of ground to cover in about two hours…..

Those iMac updates are undoubtedly in the works, but perhaps for a later timeframe.

OtherJesus

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2005
Bay Area, California
I logged in for the first time in months to note the burn that Kuo just received.

Ps. I'm for the Beats deal. And called it that it would remain on Android.

Very surprised and sad that the design team deal is broken (forget the name) and that Apple would take over design. I mean that cool and all but wouldn't you keep the original design team/ company? Absorb them?

Anyway gg macrumors :)

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
If this were the case, the title would be "Apple Will Not Debut Lower-Cost iMac, 8GB iPhone 5s at WWDC, however Costlier iMac Models Expected Instead".

My point is that his response is too vague to indicate whether there will be no iMacs at all or no lower cost iMac.

lk400

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2012
While an iMac update might not be imminent, there have been a few hints that a refresh is in the works for a later date, including a reference to new iMac models in the OS X 10.9.4 beta released to developers today.

I would have thought that an iMac refresh being in the works for some future date was a pretty safe bet, even without any reference in the beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.