Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is nearly finished decorating the Moscone Center ahead of its annual Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco next week. Decorations began appearing earlier this week with a larger banner that says "Write the code. Change the world."

MacStories editor Federico Viticci has shared selection of images from San Francisco. Giant Apple logos are nearly finished on the sides of Moscone, with large square panels in the same style as the other banners have appeared on the Metreon building across the street.

applelogomoscone.jpg
squarewwdcpanels.jpg
wwdcbanners.jpg
Finally, MacRumors reader Joseph sent in this image of an empty banner bracket inside Moscone West. In past years, Apple has draped black tarps over banners that were then revealed following the Monday morning keynote address.

banner.jpg
Apple's WWDC keynote kicks off on Monday at 10:00 AM Pacific Time, and the company will be providing a live video stream of the event.

Article Link: Apple Nears Completion of WWDC Decorations at Moscone Center

captain cadet

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Looks like there not giving anything away this year with the IOS7 banner and OSX mavericks logo which everyone thought was OSX ligar :p

jpu

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2014
Looks like there not giving anything away this year with the IOS7 banner and OSX mavericks logo which everyone thought was OSX ligar :p

They'll probably put those up tomorrow, in past years iOS and OS X banners have gone up 2-4 days before the first day.

iSteve-O

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2011
Will they improve Maps, incorporate widgets and more customization to iOS 8?

Last edited:

proline

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2012
introducing "clarity"
LOL. If the latest two apps to get the iOS 7 treatment, WWDC and iTunes Connect, are any indication, and they are, iOS 8 will continue in the footsteps of iOS 7, the most successful OS Apple has ever made. There will be many subtle refinements, but the key iOS 7 concepts will still be there- white space, crisp retina quality fonts, a lack of skeuomorphic BS, no button borders unless you enable them in settings, etc. The iOS 7 whiners are in for a huge disappointment- nobody is listening to them anywhere outside their own little echo chambers such as this forum.

AlabamaSlammer

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2012
Alabama
While I don't know how to feel about these Mac Mini concepts, if there is not an update to the mini on Monday, i'm going to be disappointed

Attachments

• macmini2014.jpg
    macmini2014.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 180
  • macmini_concept2.jpg
    macmini_concept2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 232

ardaburak

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2013
Istanbul
While I don't know how to feel about these Mac Mini concepts, if there is not an update to the mini on Monday, i'm going to be disappointed

Don't be. That looks like a robot vacuum cleaner.

Just kidding it looks awesome tho if it's real I'll feel sad about my late 2012 will look hidious next to it.

One Bad Duck

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2005
Solar?

Some people think that the WWDC logo is referencing solar power coming to Apple's products. Those rounded small squares close together and regular are mighty similar to solar panel design. See what you think.

link

They may just suggest app icons. we'll see

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
LOL. If the latest two apps to get the iOS 7 treatment, WWDC and iTunes Connect, are any indication, and they are, iOS 8 will continue in the footsteps of iOS 7, the most successful OS Apple has ever made. There will be many subtle refinements, but the key iOS 7 concepts will still be there- white space, crisp retina quality fonts, a lack of skeuomorphic BS, no button borders unless you enable them in settings, etc. The iOS 7 whiners are in for a huge disappointment- nobody is listening to them anywhere outside their own little echo chambers such as this forum.

Most people hate the lack of button boarders so i can see those coming coming back.

Nalmond92

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2013
UK
The sad thing is, is that after watching all the awesomeness we will have to wait a fee months until we can use it :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.