Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skycocker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2014
Hi guys, I've been struggling with this problem for few days now:

I create a custom keychain and then I save a password inside it this way:
Code:
SecKeychainRef someKeychain; //keychain reference
SecKeychainItemRef someItem; //keychain key item reference

SecKeychainCreate([keychainPath UTF8String], (UInt32)strlen(keychainPass), keychainPass, FALSE, NULL, &someKeychain);
SecKeychainAddGenericPassword(someKeychain, (UInt32)strlen(someServiceName), someServiceName, (UInt32)strlen(someAccountName), someAccountName, (UInt32)strlen(encryptedPass), encryptedPass, &someItem);

What I would like to do now is to make the added someItem accessible by any application that knows the keychainPass without prompting the user to allow. So I tried it this way:

Code:
SecACLRef aclList;
SecAccessRef itemAccessRef;
uid_t userid = 0;
gid_t groupid;
CFArrayRef aclListArr;
SecACLRef newAcl;

SecKeychainItemCopyAccess(someItem, &itemAccessRef);
SecAccessCopyOwnerAndACL(itemAccessRef, &userid, &groupid, (UInt32*)kSecUseOnlyUID, &aclListArr);

SecACLCreateWithSimpleContents(itemAccessRef, NULL, (__bridge CFStringRef)@"someTagName", kSecKeychainPromptInvalid, &newAcl);

But:
  1. I don't know if the function SecACLCreateWithSimpleContents is the right way to achieve this at all
  2. If it is, I don't know how to write the ACLlist created with it back to someItem
  3. I don't know how to work with these CFArrays it returns (I'm an objective-c beginner)

I know that this has to be possible, because when I import the newly created keychain into the Keychain Access OS X app and I mark the properties of someItem to be accessible by any application, the prompt is gone and everything works. What I don't know is how to achieve this programatically. I realize this might be a silly question, but I don't know what to do. Could you help me with this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.