Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JobsGang

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2013
:rolleyes:all you drama queens and kings ask yourself one question.

When has Jony Ive released a ugly iPhone or Mac or iPad?Relax the iPhone 6 will be gorgeous.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
What the Fu** is wrong with the rear camera :eek:

Yeah it's sticking out so...ITS NO GOOD!

----------

ditto why move to a dual flash to just go back to a single flash
Yeah yeah yeah one year you say "now it has over 1,000 color combinations so you can take amazing photos just look for your self.(points to screen)" next year "we got rid of that sh**y true tone flash. As it turns out it's much cheaper...I MEAN doesn't make that much of a difference if you are like most people and take pictures of the sun. I mean come on just search #sun on twitter. Millions and millions of people just taking photos of the sun. So who needs who even needs a flash in the first place?" :D

K-Rob

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
I personally like the mockups. In the end it's cool to see how wrong/right some people were. And this site is called Mac*Rumors*. Not MacFacts. It's a rumor site. Why are so many people expecting pictures of the real thing when we know it's not going to happen (not until a couple weeks before release date anyway). It's like wanting to know the ending of a movie before you watch it. What's the point? I just enjoy the "rumors" and mockups and, in the end, I'm always blown away with what's actually released.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
Start getting used to the idea of a protruding camera. Not that it will affect you in the real world, at all, but you're likely to lose your mind over the concept....so start getting used to it.

I do agree with others who've said the protruding camera looks unseemly, but unfortunately even Apple cannot bend the laws of physics, so the question becomes: is a better camera with a slightly protruding lens, within a thinner iPhone body, a compromise Tim's Apple is willing to make? We'll find out soon.

TantalizedMind

Suspended
Feb 5, 2007
That can't be what the real iPhone 6 will look like. That thing is UGLY. I am usually a grounded person and realize "looks" and "attraction" or subjective.. but if you think this mockup looks nice, decent or even sexy.. YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR MIND!

I never thought I'd say this but I've finally seen something UGLIER than a ZUNE.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Does this mean we could see an iPhone 6 in the summer? These rumors are coming fast and often.

Not even the slimmest of chances. Unfortunately.

----------

I have a hard time believing any mock up that has a round flash. I imagine the iPhone 6 will have a pill shaped dual flash just like the 5s...

Why? Obviously they are not going to make the iPhone 6 with a flash that is worse then the 5S. So at least to me, seeing a round flash in all these mock ups tells me it's changing and being improved upon. Had these mocks had a pill design I'd think that the flash wasn't changing at all. And let's face it, the current flash sucks. It's better then the 5, but still sucks bad. So if these mocks hold any truth about the flash, we are getting something better then we currently have.

bigchrisfgb

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2010
I still think this is the new iPod touch we are seeing... I think Apple wants the iPhone to be noticeably different from the iPod Touch - and this is not.
Can you explain the sim card slot on this mock up then please? Could you also explain the silent button on the other mock up's and cases?

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Pls guys I jst bought an iphone4 from a guy in my street, I inserted one of our nigeria sim card in it and its showing no service on the top left corner of the phone what can I do pls...tnks in advance

Lesson learned. Never buy a used iPhone 4 off a guy roaming the streets of Nigeria.

----------

That can't be what the real iPhone 6 will look like. That thing is UGLY. I am usually a grounded person and realize "looks" and "attraction" or subjective.. but if you think this mockup looks nice, decent or even sexy.. YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR MIND!

I never thought I'd say this but I've finally seen something UGLIER than a ZUNE.

Whatever it winds up looking like, it's not going to be ugly. U can bet the house on that. Jony knows how to design phones that are stunning. This isn't going to change on the 6. Go back and read some posts about the iPhone 4 mocks that were floating around before the launch. That was supposed to be the ugliest thing ever created. And it was beautiful. Maybe not totally practical with all the glass, but without doubt beautiful. Don't worry. iPhone 6 is going to be huge home run!

TantalizedMind

Suspended
Feb 5, 2007
Lesson learned. Never buy a used iPhone 4 off a guy roaming the streets of Nigeria.

----------

Whatever it winds up looking like, it's not going to be ugly. U can bet the house on that. Jony knows how to design phones that are stunning. This isn't going to change on the 6. Go back and read some posts about the iPhone 4 mocks that were floating around before the launch. That was supposed to be the ugliest thing ever created. And it was beautiful. Maybe not totally practical with all the glass, but without doubt beautiful. Don't worry. iPhone 6 is going to be huge home run!

I am still using my iPhone 4. I wish I had a 4S but I gotz what I got. I think it's the nicest looking iPhone yet. Though I do like the Space Grey 5S. A lot of people complain about the glass but I love it! I have no scratches at all. Obviously BELKIN makes a great case. I've had it since day one.

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney
Apple applied for a patent on an external camera lense system that screwed into the lense housing. This may be what the so-called extruding camera is about. This design, if near accurate, is beautiful.

have you looked at the image properly? this "mockup" it's not a dual round flash it's a singular led flash

You can get single LED chips that will do a range of white tones and continually change. Exactly the same as the the dual LED pill of the iPhone 5s. It's really just a matter if they can get one bright enough to be an effective flash.

To me round vs pill shape flash isn't enough to call it a fake.

nexusrule

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
They're trying to make iOS and iPhone just fade into the background making only the content in your hand... sooooo boring... I have no want to get a new phone now. This 4S will last me until it breaks then I will just buy a piece of **** android.

Well you know, it's what devices and interfaces are intended for, highlight the content and the interaction with it not be shown off. Maybe you need some iShoes or iBelts more than a mobile computer?

IKAR0S

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2012
Mockup? This is the real deal!!!

I don't think this is a mockup. It even has factory screen protector on it and those bars that separate the parts on the back.
This is the real deal, and it's the black version!!!

I also think this is an ugly device. I only hope it's only the 6C version.

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
I do agree with others who've said the protruding camera looks unseemly, but unfortunately even Apple cannot bend the laws of physics, so the question becomes: is a better camera with a slightly protruding lens, within a thinner iPhone body, a compromise Tim's Apple is willing to make? We'll find out soon.

If the camera protruded slightly...I would expect from Apple the rim of it to be durable enough to withstand being set down on hard surfaces.

Beyond that, I will not ever touch that part of the phone. I more than likely will not put this new phone in a case....but you know people and their cases....more than 90% of buyers will wrap the phone in a case and never even know it protrudes.

The other 10% won't see actual device usage affected at all. It is also possible that the back of this thing is not completely flat, but has a slight bevel to it, and the peak of the bevel could be protruding just as far as the camera....thus preventing the phone from "resting on the camera" when set down.

We'll see.

Either way, I couldn't care less, because I know it doesn't matter at all.

----------

C'mon now...it's a mock up made by a case company. If the 6 has a round flash, it's gonna be better then the pill shaped flash on the 5S. Simple as that.

+10

Why is this so hard for people to understand? Apple is not going to take a step back with their camera system and flash. In fact, If they've managed to get TrueTone or something even better into a smaller round hole, I would call that a design achievement. Somehow, this soars over the heads of forum whiners.

----------

I don't think this is a mockup. It even has factory screen protector on it and those bars that separate the parts on the back.
This is the real deal, and it's the black version!!!

I also think this is an ugly device. I only hope it's only the 6C version.

So many things wrong with this post.

Its a model. The model is not made of a real material.

It resembles the 5c....which is the best design Apple has ever done. The only thing lacking with the 5c is the plastic...which isn't bad but isn't great either.

The actual iPhone 6 has a shape similar to what we're seeing here....but is actually all aluminum. Without a doubt the sleekest and most impressive and still practical design they've ever put forward for an iPhone.

----------

I still think this is the new iPod touch we are seeing... I think Apple wants the iPhone to be noticeably different from the iPod Touch - and this is not.

The only thing you can say and be MORE wrong would be saying that this mockup as well as all of the leaked details, schematics, photos, and parts are from an iPAD.

Its almost iPhone season. The whole Apple & Tech world is looking for, digging up, and leaking iPhone related rumors. There ARE NOT iPod related rumors, because Apple doesn't give a **** about the iPod touch. Neither do customers (read: sales figures).

This is the new iPhone...close to it, anyway.

----------

ditto why move to a dual flash to just go back to a single flash

PANIC! I lack any imagination or critical thinking at all, and don't understand how a better or equal flash to the 5s could POSSIBLY be redesigned to fit in a smaller hole!!!!

Sea Hxd

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2014

Maybe its an itouch with a sim slot for 3g like the ipad

iisdan

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2010
Well you know, it's what devices and interfaces are intended for, highlight the content and the interaction with it not be shown off. Maybe you need some iShoes or iBelts more than a mobile computer?

They should be putting effort into everything, everything now looks the same... like a 1995 website, white with blue text

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.